1 * NAqqIsWqA-UFSDUMP and UFSRESTORE to a new disk

1 * NAqqIsWqA-UFSDUMP and UFSRESTORE to a new disk

Post by Zaaa LMAIL-exch2 » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I want to move my Solaris 2.6 to an external disk on my SS20 to try
linux on
my internal disk.  My interal disk is only 1GB, therefore at the same
time I
wish to move my existing Solaris partitions to a new, external disk.  I
have
used UFSDUMP to backup my partitions to tapes, however I am quite
clueless as
to how to use UFSRESTORE to restore this information to my external (as
to now
unformatted and partitionless disk) and make sure I can boot my Solaris
and
work from the larger disk in the future.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

1. UFSDUMP and UFSRESTORE to a new disk

Hello,

I want to move my Solaris 2.6 to an external disk on my SS20 to try linux on
my internal disk.  My interal disk is only 1GB, therefore at the same time I
wish to move my existing Solaris partitions to a new, external disk.  I have
used UFSDUMP to backup my partitions to tapes, however I am quite clueless as
to how to use UFSRESTORE to restore this information to my external (as to now
unformatted and partitionless disk) and make sure I can boot my Solaris and
work from the larger disk in the future.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

2. HTTPD V1.3 Memory Exhaustion

3. Creating mirrored machine with "ufsdump and ufsrestore"

4. nfs and IRIX server

5. Solaris 2.4 UFSDUMP/UFSRESTORE

6. How do I get my Sun SunFire280R USB keyboard+mouse and my PS/2 KVM switch to work?

7. ufsdump and ufsrestore to another system

8. Explain mediad errors.

9. logging the contents of a ufsdump with ufsrestore

10. ufsrestore/ufsdump on Solaris Sparc/x86 incompatibility

11. ufsdump > ufsrestore ----- HELP

12. ufsdump, ufsrestore problem

13. ufsdump and ufsrestore script