CDE Open Terminal in File Manager

Post by cesa » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
I login  CDE using bash.
The problem is the following.  When a new terminal is open from File
Manager, the working directory of such a terminal window is  $HOME and
not the directory where the terminal is open from, as it should be !!

Any idea ?

Cesar Fernandez                         Phone: 34-973-702000 (Ext. 5338)
University of Lleida                    FAX:   34-973-702702

C./ Jaume II, 69                        URL: http://fermat.eup.udl.es/~cesar
25001 Lleida  SPAIN

1. CDE with File Manager, can 't open directories

Hi Y'all,

We have CDE installed on a Solaris 2.5 machine (Sparc 20). This was a fresh
installation of a brand, spanking new machine. Under Openwindows without
CDE, I was able to use the File Manager properly. Under CDE, I get the
following messages when I try to run File Manager:

File Manipulation Error
 - Cannot read from /usr/dt/bin  (or whatever the current directory is)

I also notice that my terminal has broken pipe in PipeRead.

I also get messages like

File Manager Open Directory Error
* Invalid folder specification, /usr/dt/bin

In short, File Manager (also TrashCan) is useless under CDE since I
can't read anything, even as root.

Is there something that I have to set in terms of permission or security.
I don't have any of these problems under Openwindows.

Regards,
Victor

2. Directory comparison utility

3. How can I open CDE File Manager window?

4. IE4 on Solaris 2.6...works/doesn't

5. Open File Manager (open file backup) for Linux?

6. firewalls

7. CDE File Menus - how to get rid of/disable Open Terminal

8. Exabyte VXA-1

9. file manager/application manager fail CDE 1.02

10. Ytree Error opening terminal: xterm.Error opening terminal: xterm.

11. CDE File Manager - file association.

12. Open Windows File Manager File Associations

13. Opening a file in File Manager