mp page length fixed at 59 lines?

Post by Erlend Legange » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 04:34:01

I use mp to prettyprint my text files, using eg mp file.c|lp, I prefer
reading the Postscript hard copies over plain text.

However, mp puts only 59 lines on each page. This leaves a big chunk of
white space at the bottom of every page. I tried mp -A4 (since this is
the paper format I use), this moves the header and footer closer to the
edge of the paper, but still only 59 lines per page.

How can I make mp put more lines per page? Is this something which is
hardcoded for a US environment?

--
- Erlend Leganger

Post by Oscar del Ri » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:18:21

> I use mp to prettyprint my text files, using eg mp file.c|lp, I prefer
> reading the Postscript hard copies over plain text.

> However, mp puts only 59 lines on each page. This leaves a big chunk of
> white space at the bottom of every page. I tried mp -A4 (since this is
> the paper format I use), this moves the header and footer closer to the
> edge of the paper, but still only 59 lines per page.

No idea, you might want to try "enscript" (available at Blastwave)

/opt/csw/bin/enscript -M A4 -G filename

-G is for a nice header similar to mp's

1. mp page length fixed at 59 lines?

I use mp to prettyprint my text files, using eg mp file.c|lp, I prefer
reading the Postscript hard copies over plain text.

However, mp puts only 59 lines on each page. This leaves a big chunk of
white space at the bottom of every page. I tried mp -A4 (since this is the
paper format I use), this moves the header and footer closer to the edge of
the paper, but still only 59 lines per page. The end result is ever more
white space wasted between header and footer.

How can I make mp put more lines per page?

- Erlend Leganger

2. ATI Rage LT PRO AGP 2x supported?

3. Fixed length records containing 2 different records types with fixed field widths

4. printing .ps on HPDeskJet 500C

5. kernbench: 2.5.59 vs 2.5.59-mm6 vs 2.5.59-mjb2

6. Creating transparent terminals...

7. 4450i laser down 2 extra lines on page - how fix?

8. Apache + mod_auth_sys.so

9. Fix: Init page count for all pages during higher order allocs

10. How to fix MPS 1.4 + ACPI behaviour ?

11. Print Time System Partner pages (mp?)

12. pnp - Trivial Card Service Fix (7/12) 2.5.59-bk3

13. Spelling fixes for consistent, dependent, persistent in 2.5.59-bk2.