Multi Homed systems question

Post by Frank Wyckoff Saxto » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

We have several servers which have both 10Base-T and 100Base-T cards in
them. The 100Base-T NICs plug into a Cisco Pro Fast Hub 100TX which in
turn plugs into a Cisco 7010 Router. Some of the Servers are also on the
same 10Base-T subnet. All of the 10Base-T hubs connect to this same 7010
Cisco.

QUESTION(s): We want the Servers to talk to each other at 100Mbps. How
would I ensure that this is happening. Do I need to set up static
routing tables and turn on routerd?

On the other hand, many of the Users are on other subnets and will reach
the server via the Router. Do I want them to only access the servers via
the 10Base-T subnet and if so, what would be the best way to do this?
Access lists?

I am hoping to replace the Cisco with a switch that ought to improve
things some. We have no sniffer here, so I'm wondering how I am going to
be able to accurately test how various config changes are effecting the
network. I'd appreciate any ideas you may have.

Thanks in advance.

1. ? multi home + multi cgi, multi email, multi log, multi support

Is there any httpd package that could do not only multi web-home
setup, but also
        email for multi-doamin-names with their own domain-name;
        store log files for each domain-name in their own location;
        setup cgi-bin for each domain-name to have their own directory;
        support autherization and configuration for their own home
?

Does Netscape do that, OpenMarket do that, Or otehrs?

Thanks,

zhao

2. GIMP & Transparent Gifs

3. Incoming session routing for multi-homed system

4. mmap.c - do_mmap_pgoff() small correction

5. Which HOSTNAME for multi-homed system?

6. Help: Using NT domain authentication for Apache

7. Multi Homed system / RWFtpAgent / Please help !!

8. s3virge GX/2 has display problem

9. Help! Problems w/ Multi-Homed FreeBSD system

10. Apache httpd/multi-homed multi-ip addresses

11. Question regarding multi-homed host

12. Multi homed host question

13. multi-homing question