Screen Shot of Solaris Login Screen

Post by Kristopher Si » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to figure out a way to get a screen shot of the Solaris login
screen.  I can't think of any way to get a screen shot outside the Solaris
desktop.  I tried running the welcome process on a remote workstation, but
it ended up locking the terminal.  Any suggestions.

HELP!!!

Kris
3M Corporation
St. Paul, MN

Screen Shot of Solaris Login Screen

Post by Mason » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:Kristopher Sipe wrote...

>I'm trying to figure out a way to get a screen shot of the Solaris login
>screen.  I can't think of any way to get a screen shot outside the Solaris
>desktop.  I tried running the welcome process on a remote workstation, but
>it ended up locking the terminal.  Any suggestions.

- a digital camera, or
- a PC X-server

Screen Shot of Solaris Login Screen

Post by Len Philp » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>I'm trying to figure out a way to get a screen shot of the Solaris login
>>screen.  I can't think of any way to get a screen shot outside the Solaris
>>desktop.  I tried running the welcome process on a remote workstation, but
>>it ended up locking the terminal.  Any suggestions.

>>HELP!!!

If you can, login via a PC X server (such as Exceed) and grab it there.
I've done this before.

 ---------------> http://www.centuryinter.net/lphilpot/  (web)

Post by Andrew Gra » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I'm trying to figure out a way to get a screen shot of the Solaris login
> screen.  I can't think of any way to get a screen shot outside the Solaris
> desktop.  I tried running the welcome process on a remote workstation, but
> it ended up locking the terminal.  Any suggestions.

The key to this is stopping dtlogin placing a 'grab' ( exclusive lock )
on the X-server.

I can't test this, but you might like to try setting;
        dtlogin*grabServer: false

[ see 'man dtlogin' for more info ]

and then trying something like;
        xwd -root > dumpfile

I'd be interested to know how you get on....

--
Andrew Gray
C&W ECRC

1. Telnet login screen looks different then login screen on box

Hey.

I got a prob.

Im trying to connect to a remote box running RedHat 6.2.

When I go to the box (physically sit by the box) I get a login screen with
the line : "romeo login:" . I have the root pass and I have no problem
entering.

When I try to login from somewhere else (via telnet) I get the normal login
screen (no "romeo") and my pass doesnt work. What do I do ?

Thanks

2. Travan tape drive for SCO R3.2v4.2

3. kde login screen instead of gnome login screen

4. A single console for multiple systems.

5. kde or gnome login window screen shot?

6. nfs help stl nd hlp... its name resolution

7. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

8. Problem: Linux/innd/DPT overchan blocking

9. Are there Solaris X86 Screen shots?

10. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

11. Taking a screen shot on Sun solaris

12. screen saver on login screen

13. Screen Saver for GNOME Display Manager Login Screen