x86 setup Spea V7-Mirage P64

Post by Florian Eggenberg » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

I would like to install Solaris 2.4 on a P90 PCI with a Spea V7-Mirage P64
graphics board. Does anybody know whether this is possible. The video board
is not listed in the compatibility list (June 1995) and the chipset (S3
Vision868) is listed only as onboard video-controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Florian Eggenberger
Biozentrum
University of Basel
Switzerland

x86 setup Spea V7-Mirage P64

Post by Lupe Christo » Mon, 11 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>I would like to install Solaris 2.4 on a P90 PCI with a Spea V7-Mirage P64
>graphics board. Does anybody know whether this is possible. The video board
>is not listed in the compatibility list (June 1995) and the chipset (S3
>Vision868) is listed only as onboard video-controller.

My own experience with SPEA indicates that they are not interested in
Unix business. I talked to them about the lack of support for their
cards, and they turned me down. Get a supported card. (I'm stuck with
a Mercury VLB that only does 1024x768. I'd really like to unify my
window layout with the Sun machines, but I can't get 1152x900 with
that card.)

I know that my Mercury card has an uncommon clock synthesizer, so it's
unlikely that any PMI file for the 928 chip would work. It's quite
possible the same is true for your Mirage.

If you have details for the chips on the Mirage, like registers of the
video chip and the clock chip, you could finnagle another similar PMI
file to support your card. Have fun! ;-)
--

|                                                    | s-/+ n+ h f* g+ w+ t+  |
| Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem. | r+ !y                  |

1. Setting up X for a SPEA V7 Mirage P64 card

Hello fellow Linux users,

I have been trying for a few days to get X11R6 running with my SPEA Video 7
Mirage P64 card (PCI version), but to no avail. The best picture I can get
flickers terribly, although I have set a vertical refresh rate of about 75
Hz. The monitor (21" multiscan) can't be the problem, because the
combination of card and monitor works perfectlyup to the highest
resolutions in Windows.

Any suggestions for the XF86Config file? Please be so kind to email me
because I can't always read this newsgroup.

Greetings,
    Andy Lietz.

2. 128MB ram not used by Linux

3. XF86Config for SPEA V7 Mirage P64 2MB PCI

4. network card recomendations...

5. X11 and SPEA V7 Mirage P64 PCI

6. SSI + Netscape 3.51

7. Are there X11-drivers for "Spea V7 Mirage P64 VLB"

8. iptables - ESTABLISHED creates ssh/telnet/ftp/... hole ?

9. Spea V7-Mirage 2MB

10. XFConfig86 for Spea v7-mirage VLB 1mb

11. Xconfig Spea V7-Mirage P-64 Help!!!

12. Request: XF86Config wanted for Spea V7-Mirage P32 (VL)

13. SPEA V7-Mirage problems