Hierarchical Storage Management Software

Hierarchical Storage Management Software

Post by Derrick Shult » Thu, 26 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for a software package that will provide Hierarchical
Storage Management for Solaris 2.5. Our Online storage is an EMC disk
barn, the second level storage will be a slower array of disks, and the
third level will be tape (most likely 8mm).

Please CC me via email when posting a reply.

--
+| Derrick Shultz
+| Unix System Administrator

+|
+| <Insert Standard Employer Disclamer Here >

1. UNITREE - Hierarchical Storage and File Management Software

The following paper :

"The Current Status of UniTree on Multiple Platforms and Possible
Future Directions"

presented at the First UniTree User Group meeting in Baltimore, MD
on September 17th, 1992 is available to anyone interested. It explains
UniTree status on RS/6000, SGI, Sun, Convex, Cray (S-MP), Amdahl ..
machines and discusses how UniTree is being used for storage
management in major installations.

Please use following format for e-mail requests :
-------------------
UniTree Paper
Name
Org
Address
Tel :
Fax :
-------------------

Sanjay Ranade

Infotech SA Inc. Tel (301)-989-1785   Fax : 301-989-2290

Researching the mass storage markets, technologies and systems

2. a 220 and 16 meg of ram: will X run?

3. Hierarchical Storage Management info required

4. Soundblaster and Kernel

5. shell scripts for hierarchical storage management?

6. Gnome Edge Panel

7. Evaluating Hierarchical Storage Management Options

8. thkb: How to make an mp3 from an wav?

9. HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)

10. STATE-OF-THE-ART REPORT ON HIERARCHICAL STORAGE MANAGEMENT (HSM) S/W

11. Request for Opinion: Hierarchical Storage Management Vendors?

12. Hierarchical Storage Management

13. VERITAS Storage Management Software