disable POWER-Key (how?)

Post by Sebastian-Johannes Beno » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

 How can I disable the power-key feature in Solaris 2.6 ?
(not the autoshutdown, I just want to disallow users to suspend
the system)

Sebastian Benoit

Everyone's got an opinion - you just got mine.

- Sebastian Benoit

- http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~benoit

disable POWER-Key (how?)

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> How can I disable the power-key feature in Solaris 2.6 ?
>(not the autoshutdown, I just want to disallow users to suspend
>the system)

Edit /etc/default/sys-suspend and make sure your user's can't
do sys-suspend.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. disable power key on ultra-sparc

Hi,

does anybody know. how I can disable the power key
which causes "suspend to disk" on an ultra-sparc-wkstn-
preferably software solution :)

The wkstn will run as name server and should not be
turned off by any user.

Thanks in advance.

Manfred

2. mounting ext2

3. How can I disable Power Key / SunPowerSwitch ?

4. Udma 100 - RH 7.1 ?

5. disable power key ?

6. So new it's pitiful

7. Disabling Power down Scroll Lock hot key OR how to remap keys

8. Compatibility Suggestions?

9. Power off/Suspend Key - How to disable?

10. Power Management: exiting minicom disables power management?

11. Disabling key repeat on selected keys

12. Disabling Seagate Power-Save...Help

13. Disabling Monitor Power Saving