Kermit for Solaris

Post by Geoff Calve » Tue, 24 May 1994 20:57:14

I am trying to get hold of a copy of Kermit for Solaris (either source or
binaries would do).  I have looked in the comp.sources.unix archives but this
just gives a message stating where to get the source form (i.e. in the USA).

Does anyone know of a site in the UK or Europe which holds Kermit?

Thanks for any responses.

Kermit for Solaris

Post by Bo Kullm » Thu, 26 May 1994 06:24:17

Quote:>Does anyone know of a site in the UK or Europe which holds Kermit?

No. Get it from kermit.columbia.edu.

5A(189) is in ~kermit/b or maybee ~kermit/bin for the archive.

C-Kermit 5A(190) ALPHA.11, 18 May 94 is in ~kermit/test/bin.

5A(190) works very well on SUN OS. I don't run Solaris yet.

--Bo Kullmar

1. kermit & Solaris 2.3 ...?

Hi Solaris 2.x users,

        I recently installed 2.3 on my standalone system.
Previously, I had been using Kermit under SunOS 4.1.1.
I would like to continue using kermit, but I need to
figure out how to "set line", using the appropriate
device name for SVR4.  Can anyone tell me what the name
for my serial port A would be...?  Another question:
Under 4.1.1, in order to allow for dialin and dialout
communications, I had to create a couple of special
files in /dev, namely cua0 and ttyd0, along with the
appropriate entries in the ttytab file (in /etc).
My question is: what do I need to do under 2.3 to get
kermit working?  I have already secured a copy of Kermit
written (compiled) for 2.3, I have installed it on my
syetem, and seems to execute just fine.  I just need to
know which /dev file to use in my set line command, and
anything else I need to do to prepare getty and the
serial port for dialin and dialout.  If you can help
me out, I would really appreciate it.  Much thanks!

        -Jon Lockwood

--

2. TCP/IP current status

3. Kermit for Solaris 2.3 ?

4. Printing via Samba

5. kermit under Solaris 2.2

6. How to delete the file "lkn?"

7. Kermit under Solaris 2.3

8. jumpstart x86 and driver update

9. C-Kermit 6.0 Solaris Intel binary needed

10. C-Kermit 8.0 Solaris binaries needed

11. Kermit for Solaris 2.3

12. C-Kermit on Solaris 7

13. Looking for kermit under solaris