Monitor

Post by Darre » Fri, 28 Nov 2003 05:29:45

I am having a problem getting a monitor to work with my Sun Ultra1.
  I purchased a 13w3-HD15 adapter on ebay. Problem was that the
genders where wrong to I had to add a 13w3-Male-Male cable and
a HD15 female-female cable to each end to correct the genders. I still
 get no picture. I thought with an adapter any SVGA monitor should
work, I tried two, Viewsonic E70 and a NEC Accusync 90. Neither
get a picture. Do I need a SVGA monitor that supports Sync on Comp?

Any Ideas?
Thanks
Darren

Monitor

Post by i8899 » Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:53:32

Hello,

P/N 28278 (13W3MH15F) 13W3 Male to VGA 15 Female

Two PC monitors that definitely work with this adapter are NEC6FGP and
NEC5FGP

Your PC monitor must be capable of supporting Sun's scan rates and
composite sync in order for this adapter to work. Sun's scan rates are 61.8
kHZ horizontal and 66 HZ vertical which eliminates flicker. Composite sync
is horizontal and vertical sync combined. NOTE: If your PC monitor cannot
scan at Sun's rates and support composite sync, the adapter alone will not
work.

I hope this help!

Quote:> Darren

Please visit my current ebay auctions:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=i8...
nclude=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Monitor

Post by x.. » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:58:13

>I am having a problem getting a monitor to work with my Sun Ultra1.
>  I purchased a 13w3-HD15 adapter on ebay. Problem was that the
>genders where wrong to I had to add a 13w3-Male-Male cable and
>a HD15 female-female cable to each end to correct the genders. I still

Make sure  you didn't get an SGI 13W3 adapter.
These are wired totally different than Sun's 13W3.

If it's the wrong type, only the composite sync wil get through the cable,
but it will come out the Vsync VGA pin, not the Hsync, where it's supposed to.

Chances are the Ultra1's card only does Comp Sync anyway.
Newer cards send separate sync when some resolutions are selected.

Quote:> get no picture. I thought with an adapter any SVGA monitor should
>work, I tried two, Viewsonic E70 and a NEC Accusync 90. Neither
>get a picture. Do I need a SVGA monitor that supports Sync on Comp?

I tried a lot of LCD testing about 2 years ago.   NEC was the best at
accepting odd syncs at that time.
Quote: