Sparc IPC and Installation

Post by rene » Mon, 13 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi !

im new and i got some Questions...

ok here we go ...

i m a proud owner of a sparc Workstation IPC with 24mb and 4/40 Cpu :-)

i got a problem .. i think i do not have a OS because the System tells me
all the Time that it could not conect to a domain :-((( and it does not
accept any command.. is there a way too reconfigure it ???? please help me
i m running out of ideas ... :-)

thanx in advance !!!

rene

Sparc IPC and Installation

Post by cha.. » Mon, 13 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Hi !

> im new and i got some Questions...

> ok here we go ...

> i m a proud owner of a sparc Workstation IPC with 24mb and 4/40 Cpu :-)

> i got a problem .. i think i do not have a OS because the System tells me
> all the Time that it could not conect to a domain :-((( and it does not
> accept any command.. is there a way too reconfigure it ???? please help me
> i m running out of ideas ... :-)

> thanx in advance !!!

> rene

I had a similar problem when I recently bought an IPC that expected to
be connected to a network.  This is an outline of what I did.

Press the STOP and A keys simultaneously to get to the PROM monitor.

boot -s

rename the hosts and defaultdomain files in /etc

reboot

I hope that helps.

1. diskless installation on a sparc IPC

Hello,

I am trying to install NetBSD on a sparc IPC with 24 megs of RAM and a
completely useless (at least for the initial boot process) hard disk.
It boots from my FreeBSD machine until it wants to allocate swap.  It
dies there with:

mountd swap  Error=2

Is there any documentation anywhere other than on the NetBSD ftp site
that explains how I can fix this?

extreme thanks,
Nate  Woodhams

2. WINDOWS/LINUX/GUI again...

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. delete key doesn't work

5. Getting Linux on to a Sparc IPC

6. Equivalent of Windows O/S level shared data object?

7. IPC message facility on Sparc

8. kernel 2.2.16-3 and aacraid

9. Sparc IPC and Antares SBus SCSI-FNS/2

10. IPC-Questions (Sun SPARC)

11. ref sun sparc ipc

12. installion on Sparc IPC

13. sparc ipc & linux net boot problem