Magazine for Solaris Sys Admins

Post by Pat Redd » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody!

I heard from a friend of mine that there is a magazine for Solaris Sys
Admins, is this true?

I would appreciate, if anybody could tell me the name and Telephone number
to call for subscription.

Thanks in advance.

-Pat Reddy.

Post by Surajit Choudhur » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I heard from a friend of mine that there is a magazine for Solaris Sys
> Admins, is this true?

While I cannot attest to its usability, you might want to take a
look at "Inside Solaris" - http://www.cobb.com/sun/index.htm
--

Post by Ling Wan » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> > I heard from a friend of mine that there is a magazine for Solaris Sys
> > Admins, is this true?

> While I cannot attest to its usability, you might want to take a
> look at "Inside Solaris" - http://www.cobb.com/sun/index.htm
> --

Are you going to read a magazine that doesn't run the web
server off unix let alone solaris?

Magazine for Solaris Sys Admins

Post by Wiley Sande » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Sunworld Online (the ex-Sunworld magazine) is at
http://www.cobb.com/sun/index.htm, if can stomach all the
rinky-dink animated GIFs. At least they don't use Frames.

ANIMATED GIFS SUCK! WHO GIVES A F*** IF I CAN SEE THE CDROM SPIN??? ALL
YOUR STPIUD ANIMATED GIFS DO IS CHEW UP CPU ON MY MACHINE!

Ahem, excuse me. Sorry.

Anyway, Sunworld is not bad for a freebie vendor-sponsored rag.

-w

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

|I heard from a friend of mine that there is a magazine for Solaris Sys
|Admins, is this true?
|
|I would appreciate, if anybody could tell me the name and Telephone number
|to call for subscription.

There's "SunExpert", for which you can fill out a form at
http://www.cpg.com/se/ to see if you qualify for a free subscription.

The Open Computing Facility at the University of California at Berkeley

Post by Mike D. Ka » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>> > I heard from a friend of mine that there is a magazine for Solaris Sys
>> > Admins, is this true?

>> While I cannot attest to its usability, you might want to take a
>> look at "Inside Solaris" - http://www.cobb.com/sun/index.htm
>> --
>Are you going to read a magazine that doesn't run the web
>server off unix let alone solaris?

useful in the past issues, but then again, i already knew AWK and how to
use 'vi' :-)

--
/*-------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*  Mike D. Kail                    |  voice:  (619) 793-3359  */

/*-------------------------------------------------------------*/

Magazine for Solaris Sys Admins

Post by Bob Palowo » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: >

: >
: > > I heard from a friend of mine that there is a magazine for Solaris Sys
: > > Admins, is this true?
: >
: > While I cannot attest to its usability, you might want to take a
: > look at "Inside Solaris" - http://www.cobb.com/sun/index.htm
: > --
: Are you going to read a magazine that doesn't run the web
: server off unix let alone solaris?

While I must admit after looking at some of the pages they are designed
for the beginner type admin I do not see anything wrong with
publishing pages on a competitors system.  In fact these days you
will find the best publishing tools on PC windows and Mac systems
and yet they will use Unix servers for distribution.  Maybe the
Unix vendors will learn to sell price competitive tools buy seeing
this in an open market.  Maybe they will learn to change the
distribution model of software to more of a consumer based product.
Now looking at the content of those pages the routines are simple
and useful.  I don't see anything misleading in fact I do not
see an advocacy push for another system other than Solaris/Unix.
You can't prejudge quaility content of a html page based on .htm or .html.
Well maybe you can but you might lose a sale.

---Bob

| Solaris x86 Corner http://fiver.sns.com/               |

1. a good sys admin magazine

 Hello
        I am a new system administrator and I was wondering of someone out there
knew of a good sys admin magazine that would keep me up to date on all the      latest and would give me good details on how to solve problems and what to buy and how

                                Thanks in advance
                                                Boris
P.S hi

2. IP Forwarding on FreeBSD

3. Sys Admin Magazines

4. Any TIPS on tuning params for Solaris servers

5. a good sys admin magazine

6. Kernel panic root fs 03:02

7. Sys Admin Magazine & Windows Software

8. Need help with tape back up

9. Sys Admin Magazine; any good?

10. "Sys Admin" - a magazine???

11. suggestions for a good solaris admin magazine?

12. difference between Sys Admin & Sys Analyst?

13. recommended SYS V and BSD systems for Intro Sys Admin course