Processes swapped out?

Post by Bill McKinn » Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:00:00

   Is there any easy way to tell if a given process, having been sleeping
or idle for a certain amount of time, has been removed from memory and
swapped out to the swap space?  This is under Solaris 2.4.

                                                Bill

1. Swapped Out Processes Look Funny in process list

Something that has been happening for some time is that swapped out processes
have jumpled names on a process list.

Names that should say (bash) when they are swapped out say (bash))nfsd)).  It
appears to me that the names are getting messed up somehow, being that nfsd is
another processes that is running.

How do I report this bug, or have I done so by posting in here?  If you need
more information, please let me know.

I am running a 486, 20megs or ram and kernel version 1.2.5.  This has been
happening for quite a while, and through a number of kernel versions.

Thanks for your time.

-- Paul

2. help with 'GRUB hard disk error'

3. Looking for a way to avoid swapping out of X process

4. Linux Newbie Question(Mandrake)

5. Command line of swapped process

6. strange solaris ping behavior

7. Unused swap space though many big processes

8. installable file system interface in solaris ?

9. How to force AIX not to swap out a certain process??

10. Large Processes will not swap

11. Semi-swapped processes?

12. processes on the swap queue

13. 27 swapped out processes?