svr4 slip

Post by Philip Bro » Thu, 19 May 1994 04:28:37

I have noted that a svr4 slip src package is available from
ftp.uu.net:networking/ip/slip/svr4

however.. from a solaris standpoint, it seems to be missing a few things.

namely, there is no define for "SLIPM_ID", and there is no

  struct ifstat

defined anywhere.

Has anyone ported this, or can you help me with "struct ifstat"?
I presume "SLIPM_ID" can be arbitrarily defined to something. It is only
used for logging, and in a "struct module_info"

1. SVR4.2: SLIP capable??

Hi, guys.

Just a little quickie....

For some reason, I am under the impression that SVR4.2 implements the
serial line management as part of the overall networking system.

In other words, according to the way you have configured your target
system connections in your networking setup, SVR4.2  will automatically
use TCP/IP  on an ethernet, SLIP through a serial port or UUCP through
a serial port when connecting to the selected system.

Is this correct?

Or does SVR4.2 only have TCP/IP for ethernet and UUCP for serial lines,
so that SLIP (or PPP) is an separate application supplied by the user?

Thanks.

Jack

2. STB TV PCI (Bt848) Audio Problem

3. SLIP CONFIG ON i386 SVR4

4. How to make a boot disk ?

5. Slip for SVR4

6. COMMERCIAL: WordPerfect for Linux

7. how to -- shell SVR4 detect (uname and SVR4)

8. Sound driver dosn't compile properly!

9. SVR4 cpio -c conversion / CMS QIC Tape for SVR4

10. SLIP SLIP SLIP. I need slip for Solaris 2.3 / 2.4!

11. SLIP for Solaris 2.3: slip-solaris-3

12. SLIP only pings SLIP host?

13. Slipping on SLIP