DPMSSet: Invalid argument

Post by Martin Pau » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:29:14

On all of my SS4/5s with TCX framebuffers running Solaris 8 10/00
with patch 108652-24 installed I still get this in /var/dt/Xerrors:

  DPMSSet: Invalid argument
  Power management problems

This happens even if the machine is rebooted after patch installation
as suggested in the patch README. Anyone have an idea on how to get
rid of this ?

BTW, it would be really nice if there was a timestamp added to messages
going into Xerrors. Without, it makes trying to track down problems
really difficult. Even better would be if the messages were sent
to syslog (additionally ?), so one could get them centralized on a
log server.

mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien | Tel: 01 4277 38803
        http://www.par.univie.ac.at/ | Fax: 01 4277 9388

1. gpm & x mouse errors.....Invalid argument?

I am getting an error from the mouse driver with Linux 1.2.8
I am using a PS/2 mouse.
When I run gpm it returns-  gpm: /dev/mouse: Invalid argument
When I run X it returns-    Fatal server error:
                            Cannot open mouse (Invalid argument)

There is no previous copy of gpm running (I cannot start it due to this
error)
I have /dev/mouse linked to /dev/psaux.
I have checked and rechecked the X config file.
 - protocol is ps/2
 - device is /dev/mouse
I am running the Slackware 2.3 distribution of Linux on a 386/33.
I cannot find a reason for this.
HELP!
Thanks.

2. Sunsolve never seems to have patches I need

3. Invalid Argument during Select Partition screen

4. Redworm & My ISP

5. fbdevScreenInit: unable to set screen params (Invalid argument)

6. listing package content

7. mount failed: invalid argument

8. "ping: sendto: No buffer space available" ?

9. invalid argument (swapon)??

10. lockdsvc: Invalid argument

11. Linux IPv6 bind failure with Invalid Argument.

12. route add ==> SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

13. SIOCSIFMTU : Invalid argument!