I can't find datafiles in filesystem

Post by Francesc Guasch - Ort » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:40:14

I have a working Oracle 8.1.5 instance that someone installed
log time ago and I have no docs.
This is Solaris 2.6.

I can't file the datafiles. I search the datafiles where Oracle told
me, and I can't find it there. I go to the directory:
# ls -al   -> returns 3 files of about 2 MB
# du -s

This returns 600 MB, this matches what Oracle told me the datafiles
size was.  .But if I do du -s * there is only 3 files of 2 MB.

I need the datafiles so I can migrate this database. What is
happening ? what can I do ? Is that in any oracle document I'm
missing ?

Thank you very much.

I can't find datafiles in filesystem

Post by -wisegu » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:16:52

Quote:> I have a working Oracle 8.1.5 instance that someone installed
> log time ago and I have no docs.
> This is Solaris 2.6.

> I can't file the datafiles. I search the datafiles where Oracle told
> me, and I can't find it there. I go to the directory:
> # ls -al   -> returns 3 files of about 2 MB
> # du -s

> This returns 600 MB, this matches what Oracle told me the datafiles
> size was.  .But if I do du -s * there is only 3 files of 2 MB.

> I need the datafiles so I can migrate this database. What is
> happening ? what can I do ? Is that in any oracle document I'm
> missing ?

> Thank you very much.

They may be using raw slices for the tablespaces.  Have an Oracle DBA verify
it.

--
-wiseguy
slummin it in Colorado ski country, while watching the IT industry move

Post by Darren Dunha » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:18:32

Quote:> I have a working Oracle 8.1.5 instance that someone installed
> log time ago and I have no docs.
> This is Solaris 2.6.
> I can't file the datafiles. I search the datafiles where Oracle told
> me, and I can't find it there. I go to the directory:
> # ls -al   -> returns 3 files of about 2 MB

Can you post the output of
'ls -alR', 'echo *', and 'du -s' ?

Quote:> This returns 600 MB, this matches what Oracle told me the datafiles
> size was.  .But if I do du -s * there is only 3 files of 2 MB.

          < How are you gentlemen!! Take off every '.SIG'!! >