Solaris 9 x86 pre-official announcement press slippage

Solaris 9 x86 pre-official announcement press slippage

Post by Peter Lawle » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 13:17:21

Hi!
With thanks to Alan from the yahooligans Solaris x86 list
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solarisonintel) for pointing this article
out, Solaris 9 x86 is about to be 'back'

Graham Lovell (Solaris Marketing) also indicates
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solarisonintel/message/39762) he will be
posting to the Solx86 list an announcement later today US PDT, with
relation to the official announcement Friday (US PDT again, no doubt)

To paraphrase 'thanks, you had a bunch of folks about to turn blue'

Cheers,

Pete.

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 13:44:29

|Graham Lovell (Solaris Marketing) also indicates
|(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solarisonintel/message/39762) he will be
|posting to the Solx86 list an announcement later today US PDT, with
|relation to the official announcement Friday (US PDT again, no doubt)

That message is out now as well:

Solaris 9 x86 pre-official announcement press slippage

Post by solarisuse » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 15:38:07

This is fantastic news!!!!

comp.unix.solaris:

Post by solarisuse » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 23:03:43

> > This is fantastic news!!!!

> No, it is not.  It just means that more penguin heads will be asking
> stupid questions in the SOLARIS newsgroups.

> --
> ***********************      You a bounty hunter?
> * Rev. Don McDonald   *      Man's gotta earn a living.
> * Baltimore, MD       *      Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
> ***********************             "Outlaw Josey Wales"

Chill out. If you don`t want to answer the penguin heads, don`t answer em.
Simple.

Post by Joseph Reut » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 04:58:43

> > > This is fantastic news!!!!

> > No, it is not.  It just means that more penguin heads will be asking
> > stupid questions in the SOLARIS newsgroups.

> > --
> > ***********************      You a bounty hunter?
> > * Rev. Don McDonald   *      Man's gotta earn a living.
> > * Baltimore, MD       *      Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
> > ***********************             "Outlaw Josey Wales"

> Chill out. If you don`t want to answer the penguin heads, don`t answer em.
> Simple.

Some of us are trying to support SPARC and Intel hardware from a
single source code base. For me, this is VERY good news!

(No, I don't get to choose Linux on the SPARCs.)

Joseph Reuter, Wizard-In-Training
in practice, they're not.  -- Anon.

Post by Rev. Don Koo » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 23:02:21

>>>This is fantastic news!!!!

>>No, it is not.  It just means that more penguin heads will be asking
>>stupid questions in the SOLARIS newsgroups.
> Chill out. If you don`t want to answer the penguin heads, don`t answer em.
> Simple.

        What would be "simple" is if they were to post their LINTEL
questions to the proper newsgroup.  The sooner that SUN removes
the x86 kids from the loop, the sooner that "comp.unix.solaris"
will stop groaning under the weight of newbie questions posted by
clueless PC kiddies.

                Yours in Christ,
                        Don

--
***********************      You a bounty hunter?
* Rev. Don McDonald   *      Man's gotta earn a living.
* Baltimore, MD       *      Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
***********************             "Outlaw Josey Wales"

1. PRE-RELEASE/PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT: NDOS Technical Library Available

What is NDOS?

A new operating system which will support OS/2, DOS, Win16, Win32,
and Linux natively without the fallacies of it's predecessors.

When will NDOS become available?

the subject line to be included on our mailing list for periodic
updates.

What incentives are given if I purchase the Technical Library today?

You will receive automatic updates, if any, and a complimentary
unrestricted copy of the full version of NDOS.

How do I order the Technical Library

Follow the link,
http://www.ccnow.com/cgi-local/cart.cgi?astisc_NDOSTL_continue-page

I have additional questions?

Posting in this forum does not guarantee a response.

2. Strange DNS timeout wierdness

3. Official COLA Press Release

4. Q: in source comment generator

5. "The Official Blender GameKit" from No Starch Press

6. default source ip address

7. RUMOR - Solaris 2.4 x86 to be re-pressed?

8. A few NEWBIE questions

9. i/o/strstream: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

10. official announcement of beta 2???

11. Solaris 2.4 x86 - Driver Update 9 Announcement Memo

12. IBM Sign-up Site for IBM announcements, promotions, press releases

13. ANNOUNCEMENT: patch for ip-filter 3.2.10 on Solaris 7/x86 platform