What is "type" and "structure"

Post by David J Jackso » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Greetings -

I was asked the following question as part of a "teck screening"  for a
Solaris Admin position , and was stumped ?
Would someone please clue me in :)

7.      How do you rename a type?
8.      What is a structure?

Thanks for your help.

David Jackson

What is "type" and "structure"

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I was asked the following question as part of a "teck screening"  for a
>Solaris Admin position , and was stumped ?
>Would someone please clue me in :)

>7.      How do you rename a type?
>8.      What is a structure?

Are these C language programming questions?  I can't think of any other
context they'd make sense in for a Soalris SysAdmin.

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/

What is "type" and "structure"

Post by Brion Lear » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

David,

Sounds like they were asking C questions.

- Brion

> Greetings -

> I was asked the following question as part of a "teck screening"  for a
> Solaris Admin position , and was stumped ?
> Would someone please clue me in :)

> 7.      How do you rename a type?
> 8.      What is a structure?

> Thanks for your help.

> David Jackson

What is "type" and "structure"

Post by Gerald Heini » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Greetings -

> I was asked the following question as part of a "teck screening"  for a
> Solaris Admin position , and was stumped ?
> Would someone please clue me in :)

> 7.      How do you rename a type?
> 8.      What is a structure?

In an admin context, Id guess in the region of CDE and the ToolTalk
database: you have to set/create types for different objects in your
environment, so that when you double-click on something in your file
manager, it opens the correct application. A structure in that context?
... hmmm... nothing springs to mind apart from the other posts offering
about programming, although thats nothing to do with system admin.
Possibly another ToolTalk question. Its very general, though. A bit
like asking a greengrocer "whats a vegetable?".

My 2 cents :-)

Gerald