audio cd player for 2.4 x86

Post by Matthew D Rinel » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

     Does anyone know of a good one?  Either for x windows or not.
                    Thanks

audio cd player for 2.4 x86

Post by Petros Maniat » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

:      Does anyone know of a good one?  Either for x windows or not.
:                     Thanks

It all depends on whether you have a SCSI CDROM or an IDE/ATAPI. If you
do have a SCSI CDROM, then probably (and you can include any
applicable disclaimers here), you can use workman, which is supposed
to be very good and has a whole bunch of nice things like cd
databases and so on.

If you have an IDE/ATAPI, you can try installing either one of
workman, xcd, xmcd or whatever you come up with. If you manage to
get anywhere, I'll send you a basket of flowers...

For Workman have a look at http://www.hyperion.com/workman/index.html
For xcd have a look at http://access.digex.net/~vyainsm/xcd/xcd.html
I used to have something for xmcd, but it doesn't seem to work anymore,
so you might have to look for it yourself.

I hope everything works out

Petros