hostname.le0 and hostname.hme0

Post by cljl » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:20:11

What are the different between hostname.le0 and hostname.hme0
Thanks in advance.

Post by Neil W Ricker » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:46:16

>What are the different between hostname.le0 and hostname.hme0

That's a strange question.

It is "hostname.device-instance" for associating a hostname with a
network interface.

Post by Casper H.S. Di » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:02:38

>What are the different between hostname.le0 and hostname.hme0

THe /etc/hostname.* files are the hostnames/ipaddresses associated with
each interface.  hostname.le0 is associated with the first lance ethernet
card; hostname.hme0 with the first "happy meal" ethernet card.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

hostname.le0 and hostname.hme0

Post by Scott A Miccich » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:02:38

I believe the "le0" is the Lance Ethernet device and the "hme0" is the
hundred megabit ethernet (happy meal) device.

--

I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to
any question.

Post by Obnoxio The Clo » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 06:30:52

>#
>#   Happy Meal!  He said Happy Meal!   /* Runs for McDonalds. */

>Ooh, Gary's feeling goosey!

>Hey Child Molester, how proud are you of these:

I take it you have no actual life as such? I mean, I never liked Gary,
but you're starting to encourage sympathy for him.

Post by jason andra » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 06:39:43

>What are the different between hostname.le0 and hostname.hme0
>Thanks in advance.

they're used to configure different types of interface.

le0 is lance ethernet - 10Mbit/sec.
hme0 is happy meal ethernet - 10/100Mbit/sec.

you tend to find le0 on sun4/c/m/d and older sun4u (140/170)
and hme0 on sun4u and above (170E and so on)

needless to say, you need to have a .hme0 if you have a hme0
device in the machine to be configured.

cheers,

-jason

Post by Benn » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:15:46

> >#
> >#   Happy Meal!  He said Happy Meal!   /* Runs for McDonalds. */

> >Ooh, Gary's feeling goosey!

> >Hey Child Molester, how proud are you of these:

> I take it you have no actual life as such? I mean, I never liked Gary,
> but you're starting to encourage sympathy for him.

Indeed. Makes one wonder about the poster and feel sorry for the
"victim".

Post by Benn » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:38:48

> You want it again? Great!!!

> Chester the Molester, as written by the Great State of North Carolina:

> http://webapps.doc.state.nc.us/apps/offender_servlets/offend1?DOCNUM=...

> (It's my job to do this, and I can't be fired. ;-)

Interesting. But why not start a Gary fan-club , you've got the energy
and the results are similar.

Frankly Cypher, I hope you realise that while you do things like this
you are losing the capacity to love yourself.
Maybe you already lost it, in that case I guess nothing can stop you ,
you are lost.
But if you still are able to respect yourself then it may not be to late
to stop.

In the end what matters is what you love , not what you hate ... I hope
at some point (preferably in the near future) , you come to realise
that.

regards,

Benny

1. hostname.hme0 or hostname.hme1

I have Ultra10 with Solaris2.5.1. The network speed is 100mps/full
duplex. I have configure /etc/system to run 100mps/full deplex.

Should I use hostname.hme0 or hostname.hme1? what are the differce
between hostname.hme0 and hosntame.hme1? I do not need multi network
setup. I only need one of them.

Thanks

2. Linux - Close any client's open file

3. le0:1 --> /etc/hostname.le0:1 ??

4. HELP: Netscape 3.01G crashes when loading applets

5. hostname.le0...

6. Question about watchdog support within the kernel

7. Q: hostname.hme0 AND nf0 for same autosensing 10/100base T card??

8. About IBM 7596 ?

9. hostname.hme0

10. /etc/hostname.hme0 vs. nodename ?

11. Rename /etc/hostname.le0?

12. hostname and hostname -s

13. Use hostname or hostname.domain.name in /etc/hosts??