Solaris 7 Kernel Module

Post by Oren Wol » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:24:30

Hi Everybody,
I'm trying to write a kernel module for the solaris 7 (64 bit) kernel.
but i can't modload it.
should i put it in a specific directory or can i modload it from my home
directory ?
maybe i'm not using the right compilation switches ? what should they be
?

can anyone send me a redundant module ( such as the one in the _init man
page) that actually downloads ?

thanx
Oren

Solaris 7 Kernel Module

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:17:32

>Hi Everybody,
>I'm trying to write a kernel module for the solaris 7 (64 bit) kernel.
>but i can't modload it.
>should i put it in a specific directory or can i modload it from my home
>directory ?
>maybe i'm not using the right compilation switches ? what should they be
>?

Are you compiling it with a 64 bit compiler?

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

Solaris 7 Kernel Module

Post by Mike Shimon » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 05:59:40

Quote:>should i put it in a specific directory or can i modload it from my home
>directory ?

it needs to be in /kernel/strmod

Quote:>maybe i'm not using the right compilation switches ? what should they be
>?

build it like this

cc -D_KERNEL -c file.c

Then link it like this