troubles with inetd / inetd.conf

Post by Fabri » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:35:29

I use Solaris 7 on a sun sparc E450.

[ just in case : I don't have any DNS problem]

There is only one "useful" line in /etc/inetd.conf :

Quote:>grep -v ^# /etc/inetd.conf | wc -l
>ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd

And when I try to connect by ftp, I only have :

Quote:>ftp localhost

Connected to localhost.

... and nothing else
When I enable another service (telnetd, netstat or even echo) and
sighup inetd, both services are available.

I have tried to enable only netstat or only echo, but it just hangs
(of course with netstat AND echo in inetd.conf, it works).

Does something go wrong with inetd and a "just one line" inetd.conf,
or am I too tired and it's time for me to go on holidays ?

Fabrice

1. /etc/inetd.conf, /etc/xinetd.conf

Hi, folks!

I'm a Linux newbie, RH7, and I can't seem to "locate" or "find" the files,
inetd.conf and xinetd.conf on my system, and I can't find them running in
memory
(using ps auxw | grep inetd). Is it possible that they are not installed?
(i'm logged in as 'root' while doing the searching).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

2. D-Link DE650-CT

3. How does the following string convert from inetd.conf to xinetd.conf?

4. Shared lib with datafile

5. xinet.conf vs inetd.conf

6. Password comparison from cgi-bin script level

7. /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/xinetd.conf

8. HELP! How to install two ethernet cards?

9. inetd.conf, xinetd.conf MISSING!

10. Q inetd/sockets: how to run my daemon from inetd???

11. multiple inetd spawning from an inetd

12. Restart inetd or reboot without using console...when inetd is dead

13. no inetd.conf in RH 7?