What ypclient have bound to ypserver?

Post by Mark Tremle » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

How can I find out what ypclients have bound to a ypserver
(running 2.5.1, "ypserv -d" and "ypbind -ypsetme") without going
to each ypclient and running ypwhich -m, i.e. Is there a command
that can be run on the ypserver that lists all bound clients?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Post by Ronald Hel » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,

>How can I find out what ypclients have bound to a ypserver
>(running 2.5.1, "ypserv -d" and "ypbind -ypsetme") without going
>to each ypclient and running ypwhich -m, i.e. Is there a command
>that can be run on the ypserver that lists all bound clients?

ypwhich <machine> will give you the ypserver of that machine.

Ronald.

--

// University of Twente
// Department of Computer Science

1. NIS: ypclient cannot locate ypserver

Hi there,

After we changed the ip/netmask/geteway addresses of our machines,
some strange things appeared. The network is working now (ftp,
telnet, ping, netscape ...), but the problem is that the client
machines cannot locate the ypserver.

We have three Redhat 6.2 machines, one serves as server and the
other two as clients, and the NIS version is 2. The ypserver
is ok on the server side, but the client machine can never find
the ypserver, even though I used the ip address directly for the
ypserver in file /etc/yp.conf. Every time one logins to a
client machine, there will be a warning message like
"YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound".

Other files being tried include /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/hosts
/etc/hosts.conf and /etc/sysconfig/network ...

The domain name had been set using "domainname xxx". I even
delete all the staff, and create a new NIS domain and update
the corresponding system, the problem still remains.

I appreciate your help very much!

Lan Chen

2. NEED HELP: Network & 0.99.13/14

3. Still having problems with Bind 8

4. VMware/Win4lin _on_ FreeBSD? (not as guest OS)

5. talk is having a problem binding

6. forcing an unmount

7. ypclient and resolver problems with Solaris x86

8. What is .kshrc userful for ?

9. Error compiling ypclients-2.2

10. FreeBSD 4.4 ypserv and Linux Slackware ypclient does not work

11. RPC gurus: ypclients-2.2 broken in 2.1.29?

12. How do i dectect if i run in an ypserver node?

13. Can FreeBSD use a linux ypserver ?