Problems with compiling the console plugin for licq-1.3.0 on Solaris 8

Problems with compiling the console plugin for licq-1.3.0 on Solaris 8

Post by dariro.. » Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:01:05

I am trying to compile the console plugin for licq-1.3.0 on Solaris 8
and I get the following error when I run configure:

checking for initscr in -lncurses... yes
checking for initCDKScreen in -lcdk... no
configure: error:

I can't find the cdk library. This is needed if you want
to compile this plugin. Sorry.

  It seems that it cannot find the cdk library. So I downloaded and
compiled the Curses Development Kit. This outputted a file called
libcdk.a. After I added the directory that contains this file to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable but I still get the same error.
Do you have any clues why the configure script can't find the cdk
library?

Post by Laurenz Alb » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:31:23

> I am trying to compile the console plugin for licq-1.3.0 on Solaris 8
> and I get the following error when I run configure:

> checking for initscr in -lncurses... yes
> checking for initCDKScreen in -lcdk... no
> configure: error:

> I can't find the cdk library. This is needed if you want
> to compile this plugin. Sorry.

>           After I added the directory that contains this file to the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable but I still get the same error.
> Do you have any clues why the configure script can't find the cdk
> library?

Maybe it cannot find the header files. Did you install them?
Maybe there is a configure option to specify the path to these headers.
Look at './configure --help'.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Post by dariro.. » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:18:26

> > I am trying to compile the console plugin for licq-1.3.0 on Solaris 8
> > and I get the following error when I run configure:

> > checking for initscr in -lncurses... yes
> > checking for initCDKScreen in -lcdk... no
> > configure: error:

> > I can't find the cdk library. This is needed if you want
> > to compile this plugin. Sorry.

> >           After I added the directory that contains this file to the
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable but I still get the same error.
> > Do you have any clues why the configure script can't find the cdk
> > library?

> Maybe it cannot find the header files. Did you install them?
> Maybe there is a configure option to specify the path to these headers.
> Look at './configure --help'.

> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Here is an excerpt from the config.log file:

configure:15831: checking for initscr in -lncurses
configure:15862: gcc -o conftest  -O2 -I/users/*****/cdk/include
conftest.c -lncurses   >&5
configure:15865: $? = 0
configure:15868: test -s conftest
configure:15871: $? = 0
configure:15883: result: yes
configure:15908: checking for initCDKScreen in -lcdk
configure:15939: gcc -o conftest  -O2 -I/users/*****/cdk/include
conftest.c -lcdk  -lncurse
s  >&5
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
ceil                         /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(radio.o)
log10                        /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(cdk.o)
floor                        /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(radio.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

  It seems that the configure script cannot find some references in
the libcdk.a. I checked all the options in the configure script, but
there aren't any that can specify the path to the headers. I use the
CPPFLAGS environment variable to set the header includes path before
running the configure script:
export CPPFLAGS=-I"/users/*****/cdk/include".

  This is where am I now. Does this provides you with more information
that could be useful to understand the reason for these errors?

Post by Dragan Cvetkovi » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:22:36

> configure:15939: gcc -o conftest  -O2 -I/users/*****/cdk/include
> conftest.c -lcdk  -lncurses  >&5
> Undefined                       first referenced
>  symbol                             in file
> ceil                         /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(radio.o)
> log10                        /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(cdk.o)
> floor                        /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(radio.o)
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Oh, so it needs -lm as well.

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole      No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer

Post by dariro.. » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:49:47

> > configure:15939: gcc -o conftest  -O2 -I/users/*****/cdk/include
> > conftest.c -lcdk  -lncurses  >&5
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> >  symbol                             in file
> > ceil                         /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(radio.o)
> > log10                        /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(cdk.o)
> > floor                        /users/*****/cdk/lib/libcdk.a(radio.o)
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> Oh, so it needs -lm as well.

> Bye, Dragan

That's it! Thank you very much Dragan. Now it works like charm :)

1. licq 0.84a plugin problem

Dear reader,

I was using licq 0.81 and then I saw there was a new (development) version
available: 0.84a. So I downloaded it, untarred it, did a ./configure, make
and make install. No problems. Then I had to compile the plugin. ./configure
okay, but gmake gives me some errors.

gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/licq-0.84a/plugins/qt-gui-0.84a/src'
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/licq-0.84a/plugins/qt-gui-0.84a'
userbox.ccp: In method `vooid CUserView::viewportMousePressEvent(class
QMouseEvent *)':
userbox.ccp:768:no matching function for call to `QHeader::sectionSize (int)'
gmake[2]: *** [userbox.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

What's going wrong? Is it just a bug? Please help..

much thanks in advance!

Martin

--
Linux Gebruikers Handleiding v1.2 : http://2mypage.cjb.net
Linux RedHat 6.1 Kernel 2.2.14  Toshiba P233 MHz, 32 Mb RAM

2. Upgrading library dificulties.

3. Anyone compiled licq-1.0 for Sol. 7???

4. syslog-ng and iptables

5. Compiling kdebase on Solaris - problem with UIC plugins?

6. Virtual hosts and htaccess

7. ICQ / licq console problem

8. Booting Linux with the OS/2 Boot Manager

9. licq plugin errors

10. Problems compiling OpenSSH 3.0.2p1 on OpenBSD 3.0 i386

11. Problems compiling KDELibs 3.0.3a under Solaris 8

12. problems with compiling xmorph plugin for gimp

13. NS Plugin crash on Konqueror/KDE 3.0