1. I'm angry at my arrogant Unix professor and want revenge...
I'm in and advanced UNIX class, that has proven to be nothing more than
how to memorize all the commands and their switches. We will not learn
how to manage a UNIX enterprise, conduct system backups, configure,
install, or otherwise do ANYTHING as root. Bitterly disappointing.
Anyway, I asked her if I could do my presentation/project on Linux, and
her response was
"that's not unix..."
I challenged with
"why not, becuase it's FREE??
Big companies like the one you work for CAN'T MAKE ANY MONEY OFF IT????
She countered with:
"can you multithread processes?"
I said I'd check it out. From some of the posts here, I think I'm in
the right place.
What is multithreading?
Can Linux do that?
Is it in development?
Please mail me as well as posting this, becuase I try not to clog up the
system and disturb the experts with my feeble questions.
Better leave that thing alone freddy.....
2. Making libraries thread-safe
3. Unix Virgin
4. FreeBSD 2.2.5 on a Cyrix M2
5. Maintaining Apache (was Re: Revenge of the Hobbyists?)
6. graphics upgrade for dell optiplex xmt
7. Networking 101 Part 2: Revenge Of Networking
8. How to generate Audit report???
9. "Performance Boost" (was Re: Revenge of the Hobbyists?)
10. The Revenge of CSH
11. Nimda/Code Red revenge?
12. What NT lacks (was Re: Revenge of the Hobbyists?)
13. Revenge of the Hobbyists? (last word)