MRTG and Sun Systems

Post by Frank Muelle » Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to use MRTG for the monitoring of my Solaris servers. Especially
I'm looking for a system load and disk space monitor. Has anybody an
idea, how to get these informations via SNMP?

Thx Mue

--
   __  __
  / /_/ / Frank Mueller                     Nordwest-Zeitung Oldenburg

MRTG and Sun Systems

Post by Dominic Mitchel » Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I want to use MRTG for the monitoring of my Solaris servers. Especially
>I'm looking for a system load and disk space monitor. Has anybody an
>idea, how to get these informations via SNMP?

Download and install the ucd-snmp software from
<URL:ftp://ftp.ece.ucdavis.edu/pub/snmp/>.  Solaris 2.6 and above
come with an SNMP agent, thankfully.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator
"Xerox studies suggest that most people print out electronic mail

1. sun multiple interfaces and mrtg

I have more than one interface setup on my sun box (solaris 2.6).  I
configured mrtg to give me traffic on each one of them (they are not acting
as routers).

I do get proper incoming traffic, but no outgoing traffic whatsovever on the
secondary interfaces.  Has anyone seen this ?  Or is it a configuration
issue on my end ? (I'm starting to think that all outgoing traffic is still
flowing out on one interface, while incoming is ok).

Two interfaces are set up in the same subnet, while the third one is on a
separate subnet.  The two on the same net are set up with different mac
address (one hostid derived, the other one made up from private set), while
the third one is using the hostid derivative

Any hints/ideas ?

remove nospam if replying... TIA.

2. HELP: Linux login from C program

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. VMS savesets on Solaris.

5. Sun Net Talk: Secure and Affordable, Sun's Java[tm] Desktop System in Action.

6. Multiple sites on a single server

7. What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

8. ruffian + sym53c8xx

9. Buying non SUN disks for SUN systems

10. 220V support for SUN Systems bought from SUN websit

11. Network-oriented backup systems for SCO and Sun systems

12. project SUN N1, SUN PFTS, SUN SOUS