BIND 4.9 BETA 930417 under Solaris 2.2

Post by Ian Dickins » Sat, 24 Apr 1993 02:13:11

In making the new beta bind compile under Solaris 2.2 (SunOS 5.2)
There's some fun with one problem though.

In compiling a number of files such as res/res_comp.c, I get:

/usr/include/sys/stream.h:445: warning: `NOERROR' redefined
../include/arpa/nameser.h:101: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

<sys/stream.h> has #define NOERROR ((unsigned char)-1)
<arpa/nameser.h> has #define NOERROR 0 in both the bind supplied header file
and the system supplied header file.

How am I supposed to fix this one?
I can't change the name for bind, since it's used externally by a number
of pieces of code with contain their own resolvers....

Cheers,
--
\/ato - Ian*inson - NIC handle: ID17          This article is dedicated to

Post by Albert Pa » Sat, 24 Apr 1993 17:53:51

>In making the new beta bind compile under Solaris 2.2 (SunOS 5.2)
>There's some fun with one problem though.

>In compiling a number of files such as res/res_comp.c, I get:

>/usr/include/sys/stream.h:445: warning: `NOERROR' redefined
>../include/arpa/nameser.h:101: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

><sys/stream.h> has #define NOERROR ((unsigned char)-1)
><arpa/nameser.h> has #define NOERROR 0 in both the bind supplied header file
>and the system supplied header file.

>How am I supposed to fix this one?
>I can't change the name for bind, since it's used externally by a number
>of pieces of code with contain their own resolvers....

That brings up another question.  I was trying to compile bind 4.9
beta on Solaris 2.1 using gcc 2.3.3 _without_ using any BSD
compatibility package.  With some modifications (including some
exclude header files), I was able to compile almost everything (I also
get the above 'warnings', but I ignore them for now).  The only file
that I can not compile is named-xfer.c.  It stumbled on the sigvec()
stuff.  Sigvec() is not part of the native Solaris library although
it is in /usr/ucblib/libucb.a which I try to avoid.

There is a replacement sigaction().  My question is, is sigaction()
compatible with sigvec() ?  Can I just substitute all reference to
sigvec() by sigaction()?

Information Networks & Systems Lab  McGill University
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.