How do you deactivate some CPUs on a multi-CPU SUN box in Solaris?

How do you deactivate some CPUs on a multi-CPU SUN box in Solaris?

Post by Chin Fa » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to find a way to deactivate one or more CPUs in Solaris
on a multi-CPU SUN box (E450).  However, after much digging in the
hardware answer book and Solaris manuals, I still haven't found the
answer.  Yes, I can open the case and pull out some CPU modules, but
I suspect strongly it shouldn't be this messy.

I would be very appreciative for any pointers.

Regards,

Chin Fang

Post by ho.. » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I am trying to find a way to deactivate one or more CPUs in Solaris
> on a multi-CPU SUN box (E450).  However, after much digging in the
> hardware answer book and Solaris manuals, I still haven't found the
> answer.  Yes, I can open the case and pull out some CPU modules, but
> I suspect strongly it shouldn't be this messy.
> I would be very appreciative for any pointers.

Check the man page for 'psradm'

psradm is able to set processors online or offline on the fly.

Hogan Whittall
This is formal notice under California Assembly Bill 1629, enacted
9/26/98 that any UCE sent to my email address will be billed $50
per incident to the legally allowed maximum of $25,000.

How do you deactivate some CPUs on a multi-CPU SUN box in Solaris?

psradm

--
Jim Musso                               Hologix Inc.
System Administrator                    4250 E. Camelback Suite K220

                     Developers of AttriCom(TM)
                "Where Attributes Come to Order"(TM)

1. Sol 2.4x86 Multi-CPU vs Single CPU: Difference???

Hi Folk's

Sorry if this has been posted before but I don't read the NEWS
that often.

I purchased 2 Copies of Solaris 2.4 x86 from SUN.
I used there part numbers as supplied by my ever helpfull
Sales rep.
One copy was for Multi-CPU's, One was for a Single CPU.

There is *NO* difference in the packages I got.

How do you tell them apart ( The part numbers I was given
are nowhere on the boxes )
Do I have two Multi CPU versions or two Single CPU versions.

I have spent HOURS on the phone with Sun and have YET
to reach someone who knows the difference.

Don't these people know there own products. I have been
jerked around by SUN for *WEEKS*. Have talked to EIGHT
people so far and am getting real tired.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx. Loads

Robert Hart

2. Question regarding Sound Blaster pci 64 in Linux

3. testing individual cpu in multi-cpu system

4. Config XWINDOWS in headache

5. Sun license manager...1%cpu...1%cpu...50%cpu50%cpu50%cpu....

6. update: using a partition for both linux and Windows swap

7. Binding Oracle to two CPU's in a four CPU Sun Solaris 8 system........

8. Mouse frozen

9. how to find CPU usages on 6-CPU Sun 3000 with Solaris 5.2?

10. cpu load, multi cpu's

11. mutexes with multi-threaded program on multi-cpu machine.

12. Multi-Thread on Multi-CPU machine

13. CPU Utilization of processes on Multi-Processor AIX boxes