checkpoint on NIS+ master server

Post by James Kan » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

How can I force a checkpoint on NIS+ master server?  Or how can I control
NIS+ master server to propagate replicas?  Thanks for any help.

James Kang

Post by Dave Mille » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> How can I force a checkpoint on NIS+ master server?  Or how can I control
> NIS+ master server to propagate replicas?  Thanks for any help.

> James Kang

Have a look at nisping.

--

D.M.Miller, Computer Services Group
GEC-Marconi Dynamics Ltd, The Grove, Warren Lane, Stanmore,

Post by David Dr » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: How can I force a checkpoint on NIS+ master server?  Or how can I control
: NIS+ master server to propagate replicas?  Thanks for any help.

nisping -C `nisdefaults -d`
nisping -C groups_dir.`nisdefaults -d`
nisping -C org_dir.`nisdefaults -d`

Regards,

David
--
"That man has a rare gift for obfuscation." -- ST:DS9

"What they never told you about Star Trek: The Next Generation was that the
door to the counselor's office was really supposed to be an airlock." -- me

1. NIS + as a NIS master server?

: Is it possible to set up a Solaris 2.5.1 server as a NIS + Master Server to
: handle the NIS maps on Solaris 1.1 workstations.  The Sun documentation
: makes it sound as though I still need to maintain a NIS Master Server but
: the NIS + master can handle client requests??  Its not very clear.  Either
: I must run a NIS Master or I can handle it all on a NIS + Master.

        In my experience, I've set up an NIS+ server running in -Y mode
        that is, accepting NIS request. It's okay for login and something
        like that, but as I'm going to do a passwd changing action, it
        tells me that I cannot change it on the server...

        Just my experience..

--------------------------------+--------------------------  _____  _____  +
Moment went by, under the sea,  | Aqlott, Earving Chang     |     \|  _  \
dozens of roses bloomed.        | Inst of CSIE, NCU, Taiwan |  |   |  _  <
Someone called them -- AQUAROSE | (03) 4227151 ext 4693     |_____/|_____/    +
--------------------------------+--------------------------   Laboratory +

2. Howto shutdown a linux box fra windows nt ??

3. NIS+ master server convert to NIS client

4. FTP BUG FIXED ??

5. Solaris 2.3 w/NIS+ Upgrade to 2.5 w/ NIS+ (Master Server)?

6. routing from the outside in

7. Multiple NIS domains served from one NIS Master server?

8. console close race fix resend

9. Would NIS+ master work with NIS+ & NIS Slave?????????

10. Installed NIS+ master root server - keylogins fail

11. NIS+ root master server and multi-homing

12. change nis passwd on master server

13. Switching a NIS+ master server?