requested help from anyone with maintenance contract

requested help from anyone with maintenance contract

Post by Igor Sobrado Delgad » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I need help from anyone with a maintenance contract with Sun to open
a ticket about a problem related with Solaris 2.5.1 (at least x86,
probably SPARC too). The problem is related with /usr/xpg4/bin/more
and can be reproduced easily showing the contents of a file in a
window that will be maximized. In this case, /usr/xpg4/bin/more (a
XPG4-compliant release of 'more') core dumps making unusable the
dtterm or xterm itself. I reinstalled and patched Solaris without
any luck. I do not know about a ticket related with /usr/xpg4/bin/more.
Similar problems happens with /usr/demo/SOUNDS/bin stuff under CDE.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Igor.

--

requested help from anyone with maintenance contract

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all,

>I need help from anyone with a maintenance contract with Sun to open
>a ticket about a problem related with Solaris 2.5.1 (at least x86,
>probably SPARC too). The problem is related with /usr/xpg4/bin/more
>and can be reproduced easily showing the contents of a file in a
>window that will be maximized. In this case, /usr/xpg4/bin/more (a
>XPG4-compliant release of 'more') core dumps making unusable the
>dtterm or xterm itself. I reinstalled and patched Solaris without
>any luck.

It was fixed in Solaris 2.6

To recover the terminal: stty sane^J

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

requested help from anyone with maintenance contract

Post by Igor Sobrado Delgad » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> It was fixed in Solaris 2.6

> To recover the terminal: stty sane^J

I know that it was solved in 2.6 (but not how to recover the terminal).
I have Solaris 2.6 in my SPARC workstation but 2.5.1 in my Intel box.
Some time ago I get a Solaris 8 license, but it does not works really
well in my old computer (only a Pentium 166 MHz with 80 Mb RAM).

I want to buy a new Intel-based computer in future to install Solaris
8 on it (or may be installed in? I have some problems speaking english).

Thanks for your advice!
Igor.

--

1. Solaris 2 under maintenance contracts ?

I've heard that Sun customers with software maintenance contracts
should be receiving a kit with ordering instructions for their
Solaris 2.0 upgrades.

Has anyone gotten one yet?

---

Emory University    | {rutgers,gatech}!emory!km    UUCP

Atlanta, GA 30322   | Phone: Voice (404) 727-7963, FAX 727-5611

2. Why can't the linker find the libraries (they _are_ there)

3. Request about "proactive maintenance"

4. Seting up Dial-up accaunt

5. Anyone contract work with Eurosoft?

6. help plz

7. Contract Bridge anyone?

8. !ksh and shutdown

9. [Help][Clueless]Is there any documentation for 'Maintenance Mode'?

10. 4.3.3 Maintenance Level Help Needed

11. Solstice "needs Maintenance" state! need help!

12. Help:Boot Thinkpad 820 in maintenance mode

13. HELP--archiving and folder maintenance in kmail