Solaris8/Intel

Post by George Mathia » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello gurus,

I just installed Solaris8 on my Gateway PC. The configuration is:

Pentium II 266Mhz,
192M RAM,
3COM Eathernet Card,
6G Hard Drive,

Installation went successfully. But It doesn't seem to detect my network
Card. Can you please tell me how can I make my Solaris to detect my
network card?

And I have one more machine, Windows98 runs on that machine. And Can you
please tell me how can I connect to the Solaris server from my windows98
machine/ What do I need to do.

Thanks
George

Solaris8/Intel

Post by Tom » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

At next boot, type b -r at the prompt. This makes the machine look for new
devices. If not...Not all 3 Com cards are supported. Check the Sun pages for
the models.

Quote:> Hello gurus,

> I just installed Solaris8 on my Gateway PC. The configuration is:

> Pentium II 266Mhz,
> 192M RAM,
> 3COM Eathernet Card,
> 6G Hard Drive,

> Installation went successfully. But It doesn't seem to detect my network
> Card. Can you please tell me how can I make my Solaris to detect my
> network card?

> And I have one more machine, Windows98 runs on that machine. And Can you
> please tell me how can I connect to the Solaris server from my windows98
> machine/ What do I need to do.

> Thanks
> George

1. I'm installing solaris8 intel edition.

I'm installing solaris8 intel edition.

Everything is ok, until...

"Copying mini-root to local disk."

At this moment, installation program exits to shell(shell prompt), but
it leaves animation of / - \ | / - \ |, it looks like hourglas(if you
know what i mean ).

And that's all.

disk: quantum 6gb
mb: Fic-5xxA(i don't remember)
proc: amd k6-2 450

thx for help. and sorry for my poor english

--
   Piotr 'Pietlek' Janik   | www.pietlek.linux-pl.com

   "Nie id? przede mn, bo mog nie nad?y?.
   Nie id? za mn, bo nie potrafi prowadzi?.
   Id? tu? obok mnie i bd? mi przyjacielem."

2. Books

3. trouble on NIS server on Solaris8(intel)

4. rpcinfo - not returning any!

5. Network problem at Solaris8 Intel

6. Anti-tee? Cat for pipes? Merging two input streams...

7. Can't install Solstice DiskSuite4.2 and AdminSuite2.3 to Solaris8(intel edition)

8. Mounting CD-Rom

9. problem about gcc3.2 on solaris8(intel)

10. gcc2.95.3 + solaris8 (intel) problem

11. Setting Resolution on Solaris8/Intel

12. Question regarding Solaris8/Intel and C compilers

13. booting Solaris8 Intel with CDROM Help