Oracle Server Installation ?(Linking error)

Oracle Server Installation ?(Linking error)

Post by Unisys Pakista » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I need some help regarding installation of oracle server 7.3.3 on Sun
solaris 2.5.
The Problem is :
What ever I want to install on Solaris 2.5 (As oracle7,Dev 2000, Ora
Apps) it always fail in linking the files.
Also I can't run C compiler (cc) on this machine as it always gives the
message: Language optional software package no installed.
I heard that the compiler is required for installation of oracle server
and it does not come with solaris 2.5 and should be purchased.
So is this correct or there is something wrong in installation of
Solaris ?
I will be thankfull for any response.