cc problem...

Post by Manuel Eduardo Corre » Sat, 13 Nov 1993 05:30:01

Hello,

        Does anyone know how to make cc use another directory instead
of /tmp to save temporary files... Our /tmp is full and it is easier
to use other temporary directory then to clean the /tmp directory...
        Besides I am not the Sysman and as such cannot clean it
easily.

Cheers...
Manuel Eduardo C. D. Correia    (Phd. Student)
Centro de Informatica da Universidade do Porto (CIUP),
Rua do Campo Alegre, 823, 4100 Porto, PORTUGAL
Tel: (351-02) 600 1672, Ext: 113, Fax: (351-02) 600 3654,

cc problem...

Post by Aldo Castil » Sat, 13 Nov 1993 18:55:31

Quote:

>    Does anyone know how to make cc use another directory instead
>of /tmp to save temporary files... Our /tmp is full and it is easier
>to use other temporary directory then to clean the /tmp directory...
>    Besides I am not the Sysman and as such cannot clean it
>easily.

Can you do man cc?

ENVIRONMENT
     TMPDIR    cc normally creates temporary files in the  direc-
               tory  /var/tmp.  You may specify another directory
               by setting the environment variable TMPDIR to your
               chosen directory.  (If TMPDIR isn't a valid direc-
               tory, then cc will use /var/tmp).

See ya...

Aldo Castillo

1. cc problem - can't compile anything!!!

Hi--

I'm trying to compile some VERY simple C code using cc , and i keep
winding up with
errors saying "can't find /usr/lib/uopt", and "FATAL IO ERROR:
(/usr/lib/crt1.o) no
such file or directory"
    Now, we've got 3 SGI's, and all have standard IRIX 6.3 installed,
which i believe
should include the standard C compiler package. I've searched on all 3
machines for
"uopt" or "crt1.o", and none of them come up with anything... but inst>
is showing
me that the ANSI C and compiler packages are installed...does anyone
know
exactly what files I need to compile and link an executable?  If someone
could provide a
list of these file (skip /usr/include, I've got all the headers ok)
--Thanks in advance for any help!
--Jason Simmons

2. up2date not working correctly

3. redhat linux cc problem

4. Status on Linux YDL,Mandrake,PPC on Titanium?

5. cc problem

6. Cirrus Logic 5434 Video Card problem

7. CC problems with Coldfusion Apache module

8. Gcc fails with -g -lm in Slackware package

9. CC Problem

10. install cc problem

11. cc problems under aix 4.3.2.0

12. cc problems