Help Solaris 2.4 modem and tip

Post by patri » Tue, 20 Dec 1994 06:59:00

If I 'tip cuab' and type ATDTXXXYYYY I can get the modem to dial
fine.  It syncs up fine and I can use it fine.

But if I 'tip hostname' where hostname is defined in /etc/remote,
all seems to go well, and the modem seems to sync up fine but just
when I'd expect to get a 'login:' prompt from the system I'm dialing
the modem drops the connection.

I've tried different modems and they all work this way, so it isn't
a modem problem.

I'm using the same remote entries as I did under Sun OS 4.1.3 and
according the the 2.4 docs, nothing changed here.

Anybody have an idea on this?
Patrick.

e-mail would be great, but posting works too.
--
 __  __  __  __ _____________________________________ __  __  __  __

\/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/                                     \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/
/\_\/\_\/\_\/\_\   http://www.winternet.com/~patrick /\_\/\_\/\_\/\_\
\/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/_____________________________________\/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/

Post by Mark Dots » Wed, 21 Dec 1994 03:06:55

: If I 'tip cuab' and type ATDTXXXYYYY I can get the modem to dial
: fine.  It syncs up fine and I can use it fine.

: But if I 'tip hostname' where hostname is defined in /etc/remote,
: all seems to go well, and the modem seems to sync up fine but just
: when I'd expect to get a 'login:' prompt from the system I'm dialing
: the modem drops the connection.

I had a problem simialr to this before, but it was also a problem on
SunOS 4.1.x.  The problem was the modem was responding with the more
informative connection response which confused tip.  To solve my problem
I had to set the modem to ATX0 for basic result codes only then things
connected up thru 'tip hostname'.

Mark Dotson