How to set X server color depth?

Post by War » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm running Sun CDE on my Sparc Ultra 1.  I am using dtlogin for
my login screen.  When I log in using CDE, 'xwininfo' reports that the
root window only has depth 8.  I know my hardware is capable of 24 bit
color depth.  My question is how do I change the color depth of my
display?

--Wart

Post by Vadim Kuevd » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I'm running Sun CDE on my Sparc Ultra 1.  I am using dtlogin for
> my login screen.  When I log in using CDE, 'xwininfo' reports that the
> root window only has depth 8.  I know my hardware is capable of 24 bit
> color depth.  My question is how do I change the color depth of my
> display?

Change Line

into Line

-dev /dev/fb0 defdepth 24