keyboard repeat rate on sun keyboard

Post by Ron » Sun, 16 Jun 1996 04:00:00

apologies if this is well known, but it's not in the faq, nor has
it been addressed recently either here or in comp.sys.sun.hardware.

i have an ultrasparc (model 170) running solaris 2.4.

the keyboard repeat rate bugs me. it's way too slow. how can i
increase it?

(under aix i know you just use a program called "chhwkbd", but
i can't find any similar program in solaris.)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
ron ho

Post by Eric Tayl » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>apologies if this is well known, but it's not in the faq, nor has
>it been addressed recently either here or in comp.sys.sun.hardware.

>i have an ultrasparc (model 170) running solaris 2.4.

>the keyboard repeat rate bugs me. it's way too slow. how can i
>increase it?

Use the following options:

     -ar1 milliseconds
             Specify amount of  time  in  milliseconds  before  a
             pressed key begins to autorepeating.  The default is
             500 milliseconds.

     -ar2 milliseconds
             specify  the  interval   in   milliseconds   between
             autorepeats of pressed keys.  The default is 50 mil-
             liseconds.

BTW, these are documented in the Xsun(1) man page.

-  Eric