remove SUN cluster without avoid services.

remove SUN cluster without avoid services.

Post by Alex S » Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:56:29

Dear all,

My situation now is I have two Sun Sparc servers + two Sun
multipack storage, installed HA-Oracle with Sun Cluster implementing
HA solution. Now, I would like to remove the Cluster to free one
server and one multipack storage.
Is there anyone know the steps to remove cluster???

And do you know any documents for me to read and reference??

Regards,

Alex

remove SUN cluster without avoid services.

Post by Ranko Popovi » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:25:27

Quote:> Dear all,

> My situation now is I have two Sun Sparc servers + two Sun
> multipack storage, installed HA-Oracle with Sun Cluster implementing
> HA solution. Now, I would like to remove the Cluster to free one
> server and one multipack storage.
> Is there anyone know the steps to remove cluster???

> And do you know any documents for me to read and reference??

I assume you're talking about SC 2.x. Stop the cluster using
"scadmin stopnode" on both nodes then run "scinstall" and
select uninstall. Of course, oracle and possibly other apps are
going to be badly screwed so you'd be better off with reinstall.

Or you might just stop the cluster on one node, disconnect
private network and one multipack (depends on your configuration)
and remove the cluster software from that node. That would leave
the other node running in a permanent failover mode, definitely
only for desperate. Multipack will probably have to be re-initialised
to make it useable again.

--
Ranko Popovic
Principal Engineer

#exclude <windows.h>
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of News
Connect. */

1. Sun Cluster + QFS or Sun Cluster + Veritas

Right now I've got some 3.5 Veritas Clusters running Oracle8
that are due for an upgrade.

I'm playing around with the idea of getting rid of all of
our Veritas software and replacing it with Sun software
(since cluster is now free).

So it would be:

Solaris 10 (01/06 HW release, latest patches)
Sun Volume Manager
MPXIO
QFS
Sun Cluster 3.1

I've used Veritas for so long now & am weary of mixing it in
with Sun Cluster.  Ideally - I'd like to just go with one vendor
for my clustering.

Is MPXIO comparable to DMP?  Are people actually running Sun volume
manager under production Oracle DB's?  I've used SVM for mirroring
boot drives on web servers and app servers but never in the database
tier.

I've read that QFS can do the volume management all on it's own -
is that what people are typically using with Sun Clusters?

I'm reading the FAQs and white papers right now but would love to
hear from some people with real world experience with the stuff.

-Sanjay

2. doubt on auto tuning in 2.4 kernels

3. Clustering Sun: Sun cluster or Veritas?

4. Playlist infinite loop

5. Sun Cluster 3 data services

6. Newbie question: Modem juggleing

7. Blocking IP services using Solaris, Sun cluster commands

8. How to configure reverse proxy - apache with ssl module

9. Writing Scalable Services With Sun Cluster 3.0 Software

10. sharing external SCSI drives without Sun Cluster SW

11. How to safely remove SUN Recommended Patch Clusters?

12. ssh login without pasword on sun cluster