Solaris 8 x86 and Wireless PCMCIA card

Post by lcd » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:40:38

Hi, everyone

I just wondering if I install a copy of solaris 8 on the Sony VAIO notebook.....
and can i still able to use the wireless pcmcia card from Linksys. ??

Anyone try that b4 ?

Thanks

---

Post by John D Groenve » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:45:22

>I just wondering if I install a copy of solaris 8 on the Sony VAIO =
>notebook.....
>and can i still able to use the wireless pcmcia card from Linksys. ??

Lynnsoft sells wireless drivers... <URL:http://www.lynnsoft.com/>
They'll support S9 when its released in the next couple weeks.

John

1. Hawking Wireless PCMCIA card / pcmcia-cs

I downloaded (from hawking-tech.com) the linux driver for my wireless
card.  I ran into trouble installing it, and had to download and
install 'pcmcia-cs' from Sourceforge.

I did .Config, make all, and make install on both packages.  (I had to
do pcmcia-cs first, so that the Hawking driver would install.)

Then, I rebooted.  When I go into the Control Center (I'm using SuSE
8.0 Professional), it doesn't see another network device.  I chose
"Configure" and told it to install a pcmcia network card with DHCP.
Then, I rebooted.  (I know, there's got to be way to do everything
except replace the kernel without rebooting, but I don't know how.)
Still, I get nothing.  Does anyone know where to look?

The Hawking driver doesn't come with any documentation that I could
find.  There were 'doc' and 'man' folders, but neither contained
anything useful, and there was no README, just a file containing the
names of supported cards, a 'TODO' file, and a bugfix file.  The file
I downloaded can be gotten by going to the driver download section of
Hawkingtech.com and selecting the device WE011P.

Thank you,
Shawn

2. buffer overflow used in unmodified Xbox hack -- oh the irony :)

3. Does Solaris 2.4 for X86 support ANY PCMCIA cards?

4. Linux/FastEthernet/Windows Internet Connection Sharing

5. Solaris 2.5.1/x86 and IBM 16/4 Token Ring PCMCIA Card

6. Zip drive worked once, then no more

7. PCMCIA 10/100 Ether card w/Solaris 2.5 x86

8. emu10k1: analog and digital output

9. Serial port settings - Solaris 2.5.1 x86, pcmcia modem card

10. SCSI PCMCIA cards for Solaris X86

11. encryption capable Wireless card or SSH with Wireless Card?

12. Promise Fastrak 100 in combination with SMC 2632 Wireless card(PCMCIA)

13. Help - NetWave Wireless pcmcia card