1. Hawking Wireless PCMCIA card / pcmcia-cs
I downloaded (from hawking-tech.com) the linux driver for my wireless
card. I ran into trouble installing it, and had to download and
install 'pcmcia-cs' from Sourceforge.
I did .Config, make all, and make install on both packages. (I had to
do pcmcia-cs first, so that the Hawking driver would install.)
Then, I rebooted. When I go into the Control Center (I'm using SuSE
8.0 Professional), it doesn't see another network device. I chose
"Configure" and told it to install a pcmcia network card with DHCP.
Then, I rebooted. (I know, there's got to be way to do everything
except replace the kernel without rebooting, but I don't know how.)
Still, I get nothing. Does anyone know where to look?
The Hawking driver doesn't come with any documentation that I could
find. There were 'doc' and 'man' folders, but neither contained
anything useful, and there was no README, just a file containing the
names of supported cards, a 'TODO' file, and a bugfix file. The file
I downloaded can be gotten by going to the driver download section of
Hawkingtech.com and selecting the device WE011P.
2. buffer overflow used in unmodified Xbox hack -- oh the irony :)
3. Does Solaris 2.4 for X86 support ANY PCMCIA cards?
4. Linux/FastEthernet/Windows Internet Connection Sharing
5. Solaris 2.5.1/x86 and IBM 16/4 Token Ring PCMCIA Card
6. Zip drive worked once, then no more
7. PCMCIA 10/100 Ether card w/Solaris 2.5 x86
8. emu10k1: analog and digital output
9. Serial port settings - Solaris 2.5.1 x86, pcmcia modem card
10. SCSI PCMCIA cards for Solaris X86
11. encryption capable Wireless card or SSH with Wireless Card?
12. Promise Fastrak 100 in combination with SMC 2632 Wireless card(PCMCIA)
13. Help - NetWave Wireless pcmcia card