Networking question

Post by Mike » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
    I am fairly new to to Solaris and Windows networking.  I just recently
acquired a SPARC 20, and I want to network it with my Windows PC at home.
My question is -- what IP address should I assign my workstation?  Should I
just make up an address?  Since this is only to be used for a small home
network, I don't really want to have to get one from InterNIC (do I?).
Also, since the IP address for my PC is dynamically assigned by my ISP, how
would I go about communicating with it (from my SPARC station)?
    Any advice or resources that you can direct me to would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

-Mike