ipseckey and des problem

Post by Tony Curti » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 06:21:05

Hi all,

I searched deja for recent mention of this topic and found
some related articles but nothing specific to the error
message I am getting.  I'll guess it's all related though.

The example in the ipseckey(1m) man page produces the
following error for me:

    One of entered the values is incorrect.                 (sic)
    return message (in doaddup): Invalid argument
    System error on line 6.

(Appallingly useless error message if you ask me.)

It appears to be provoked by the use of "encralg des" (if
I just include an authalg for md5, there are no error
messages).  The des and 3des modules show up in "modinfo"
so I guess they're loaded fine.

Is this a known bug?  If so, is there a workaround or fix?

(Solaris 8, sparc, recently applied 8_Recommended from
Sunsolve)

thanks for any help,
Eih bennek, eih blavek.