Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

Post by Steve We » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:18:41

I just build a streams driver module. It was installed into the system
with add_drv and loaded with modload. I also set up a device in the
/devices and /dev for it. When I try to install it into my network
stream I get the following message.

ifconfig: fail to insert module: base: Invalid argument

It appears that the module "base" cannot be found. Any suggestions?

Steve West

Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:08:40

>I just build a streams driver module. It was installed into the system
>with add_drv and loaded with modload. I also set up a device in the
>/devices and /dev for it. When I try to install it into my network
>stream I get the following message.

You createed a streams driver?

>ifconfig: fail to insert module: base: Invalid argument

That requires a streams *module*.  (installed in /kernel/strmod)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

Post by Philip Bro » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:59:01

>[[ PLEASE DON'T SEND ME EMAIL COPIES OF POSTINGS ]]

>>I just build a streams driver module. It was installed into the system
>>with add_drv and loaded with modload. I also set up a device in the
>>/devices and /dev for it. When I try to install it into my network
>>stream I get the following message.

>You createed a streams driver?

Heh. Looks like he used my "PCIbase" sample skeleton, and didnt read the
notes about "This is not a STREAMS driver"

[Oh yeah, recognize the name. Hi Steve :-) ]

If you're writing an ethernet type driver, you should be using the GLD
stuff as a starting point instead, anyways. Which IS mentioned on the same
page as my "base" download ;-)

ahttp://www.bolthole.com/solaris/drivers/

The word of the day is mispergitude

1. What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?

1.
What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2.
What happens if a stream module is opened multiple times?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2. NFS problem (even with 1.0)

3. How to push STREAMS module into socket stream

4. Linux Kernel 2.0.30 Unresolved Module Symbols

5. Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module

6. Logging referer?

7. help

8. How to push a module onto an existing STREAM?

9. Pushing arbitrary STREAMS modules over an IP connection

10. Pushing modules onto mounted stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device

11. STREAMS: push module on /dev/tcp

12. How to push a STREAMS module between ethernet driver and IP?