8port serial board help

Post by Keith Chil » Fri, 04 Feb 1994 00:38:08

Dear Netland,
I have an s-bus card and 8 serial and 1 parallel
port expansion board.  I installed in on my Solaris 2.3
system, but cannot get it to work.  After the
installation of the software, the manual tells you
how to configure it for sun 0/s 4.x, and refers
me to another manual that is not in my shelf of
manuals for 2.3.  Does anyone out there know
how to configure the board to actually be recognized
by the system.  My admintool shows the ports and
lets me modify the services, but I don't think the
driver is being recognized by the system.

Please help because my 90 day phone support
has expired.

Keith Chiles

1. Cyclom 8port serial board. Kernel support?

I have a Cyclom 8Ys board. All of the documentation says that support
for this board is built into the kernel (2.0.0) however, when I
recompiled the kernel I find support for many others, but the Cyclom
isn't listed. What am I doing wrong, and what is my next move. Thank in
advance.

--
Jim Kinter, Owner
Computer Techniques - http://204.177.232.164/ctoa

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey
twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

2. Latest Apache/Acrobat info?

3. high speed serial boards (was Re: Multiport serial boards)

4. Child process signalled - termsig 12

5. Boca Board Multiport Serial Board

6. Solais and .htaccess not working

7. COM5 Serial Board (Please Help)

8. Routing problem

9. Need Help w/ Serial Board Config. RH6.2

10. HELP! Stallion & Specialix Serial Boards

11. PLEASE HELP - Digi Serial Board Problems!!!

12. Support for ANVIL STALLION 8port cards?

13. FS: Specialix MTA/M XIO 8port, $150ea in qty