how to find a hard drive for Sun Sparc 10

how to find a hard drive for Sun Sparc 10

Post by pf.. » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi. I got a Solaris 8 and want to install it on my sparc 10. Because
solaris 8 need large space to install, I want to find a hard drive (at
least 4 GB)for sparc 10. I went to ebay, it looks like all the sun hard
drives are SCA type which work for sun 5/20. Where I can get hard drive
for sun sparc 10? Does scsi hard drive that work for PC works for Sun
sparc 10 too?
Thanks in advance.

Paul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Juergen Marend » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hi. I got a Solaris 8 and want to install it on my sparc 10. Because
> solaris 8 need large space to install, I want to find a hard drive (at
> least 4 GB)for sparc 10. I went to ebay, it looks like all the sun hard
> drives are SCA type which work for sun 5/20. Where I can get hard drive
> for sun sparc 10? Does scsi hard drive that work for PC works for Sun
> sparc 10 too?
> Thanks in advance.

You may want to use a IBM DCAS-34330 with a "normal" 50pin SCSI
Connector and extra "normal style" power connector.
Use the old mountings for the drive since the SS10 Case is conductive
due to EMI reasons.

You need a "narrow" "fast" SCSI Drive.
the room inside is not sufficient for a 68-to-50 pin adapter in case you
want to get an "wide" drive.

Quote:> Paul

Hope this helps,

Juergen Marenda