httperf - successful compilation on SunOs 5.8!!!

httperf - successful compilation on SunOs 5.8!!!

Post by Zarko Cokl » Wed, 19 May 2004 00:37:04

I had a lot of troubles compiling httperf on Solaris. Thanks to Martin
Arlitt who provided hints I finally got a recepie that works for
Solaris. Here is what you have to do:

1) Download source from
(http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/David_Mosberger/httperf.html) and
unzip/untar it.
2) change configure file at lines 541 and 542
Original text:
CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS} -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE"
LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}"

New text required for Solaris:
CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS} -D_GNU_SOURCE"
LDFLAGS="-lsocket -lnsl -lelf -lresolv"

3) run "configure"
4) make

That will do it!

Regards,
Zarko Coklin

1. STL map problem on sunOS 5.7, not on sunOS 5.8

I am experiencing a problem in which a hang is occurring while trying
to find a key in a stl map (it is never reaching the null at the end
of the map). When I run the code on a sparc machine with version 5.8
it runs fine. When I run it on 5.7 a hang occurrs. It does not matter
which version I compile on. Has anyone experienced anything like this,
or have any suggestions.

2. Trouble with xrn

3. C++ Compilation problems on Solaris 5.8 (Forte C++ 6 Update 2) -- Iterator

4. how to update man ?

5. how to switch between sessions into SunOs 5.8

6. Netbsd to Freebsd

7. Problem playing audio on SunOS 5.8

8. diald, pppd, dial on demand and other stuffs

9. netra X1 w/ SunOS 5.8 & xntpd

10. regerror(): POSIX.1 vs. SunOS 5.8: inconsistency

11. SunOS 5.8 EA, November 1999 Rev 50 Release

12. Packages for SunOS 5.8 needed to compile with gcc

13. ppp on SunOS 5.8