Client for Proxy FTP?

Post by R. Stewart Ell » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

 >  Could someone point me in the direction of an FTP client that I can
 >use from behind a firewall through a proxy server?  Something in Perl
 >would be ideal.

What about netscape or lynx?  They both obey the standard proxy env
variables:

gateway=http://www.proxy.domain/
http_proxy=$gateway;    export http_proxy
ftp_proxy=$gateway;     export ftp_proxy
wais_proxy=$gateway;    export wais_proxy
gopher_proxy=$gateway;  export gopher_proxy

--
  R.Stewart(Stew) Ellis, Assoc.Prof., (Off)810-762-9765   ___________________
  Humanities & Social Science,  GMI Eng.& Mgmt.Inst. ()  /   _____  ______

Client for Proxy FTP?

Post by Brooke Pa » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

  Could someone point me in the direction of an FTP client that I can
use from behind a firewall through a proxy server?  Something in Perl
would be ideal.

  Thanks in advance!
--

        Brooke

Client for Proxy FTP?

Post by Brooke Pa » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

  What I need to do is to mirror an FTP site outside the firewall on a
machine inside the firewall.  I was thinking I may be able to do this by
scripting with a proxy aware FTP client.  Netscape wont do for sure,
though lynx may be a possibility.  I would prefer something like the
mirror package what is written in PERL, but it needs to be proxy aware.

--

        Brooke

Client for Proxy FTP?

Post by Emilia » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>  What I need to do is to mirror an FTP site outside the firewall on a
>machine inside the firewall.  I was thinking I may be able to do this by
>scripting with a proxy aware FTP client.  Netscape wont do for sure,
>though lynx may be a possibility.  I would prefer something like the
>mirror package what is written in PERL, but it needs to be proxy aware.

What you need is snag-o-rama. Web search will turn it up, and it works great.

--
Bye,

Emile
Disclaimer: the opinions in this messages are mine, and
do not necessarily represent the opinions of the company.
OK, now everybody who believes in Telekinesis, raise my hand.

1. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

for a unix ftp client that works through MS proxies, even with NTLM
authentication, go to this link...
  http://unix.about.com/cs/appsftp/
on the link above, 'curl' and 'lftp' seem to be teh best two i've ever
used, but be warned that curl will require openssl libraries as well
as zlib libraries.

you might also get errors with ld.so.1 or something such as this...
    ld.so.1: fatal
    No such file or directory
    ImportError: ld.so.1
if you get this kiind of error, then search groups.google.com for my
explanation on this kind of Nasty error which has fooled/beaten many a
rookie.

for NTLM authentication (MS Proxy Firewall or MS ISA Firewall), get on
www.sourceforge.net and look for 'NTLM Proxy Authentication' and then
find a program called (i think the program is called 'aps' it's
written by Dmitry Rozmanov) download it and configure it for your MS
Proxy/ISA Firewall. it might require the python intepreter, download
the python intepreter if you DON'T already have it. be patient,
everything will eventually work for you once you've read all the
manuals.
Moses Motlhale - Solutions Architect
24th Century Solutions, South Africa.

2. Missing libgen.a (regex and regcmp)

3. how do I use the cern ftp proxy with non web ftp clients?

4. Squid Time Zone Setting (Urgent)

5. Help Linux ftp client (and .netrc) with NT ftp proxy

6. freq Question

7. ftp client using proxy?

8. newbie, french or english

9. Nice FTP Client and Proxies

10. unix ftp client that works via standard Web proxy

11. 2nd try: ftp client with firewall/proxy forwarding?

12. How to config the squid proxy to let the internal client can use ftp function

13. FTP command-line client supporting MS proxy?