Solaris 2.4 X86 Crashes After/During PPP Connect

Solaris 2.4 X86 Crashes After/During PPP Connect

Post by Will Carden » Mon, 04 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I don't know if anyone else is trying to use PPP on Solaris 2.4
for X86 but hopefully someone else is and may be able to help
with this problem.

After using the instructions in the VERY helpful doc by Michael
McKnight (Outbound PPP Setup Guide for Solaris 2.x), I was able to
configure the machine to dial my internet provider and attempt
a PPP connection.  As soon as the dial script gets the CONNECT,
the machine crashes (and a very ugly crash at that).  I'm guessing
that the aspppd process got something from the server side that it
did not like?  I understand that the PPP software Sun includes with
2.4 does not support PAP.  And I do know that my internet provider
(PSI Interramp) uses PAP. So I don't know if this may be the problem
or not. I have configured PPP for incomming and this seems
to work fine.  So again I'm guessing (a bad habit...) that the
PPP software is OK.  Does this sound reasonable?  The aspppd.log
stops at the CONNECT (which is when the machine blows up).  Are
there any other log files that may hint at this problem?

Any help anyone can suggest would be GREATLY appreciated.

Will

-----------------------------------
| Name:   Will Cardenas           |
|         Creative Socio-Medics   |

| Voice:  (516)968-2013           |
-----------------------------------

1. Trumpet Winsock 2.0B PPP and Solaris 2.4 x86 PPP

I am trying to connect a pc running windows and one running solaris
2.4 x86 via serial cable and ppp. after setting up everything
telnetting between the machines works fine. however when I try to ftp
from the windows pc to solaris I get the error

PPP: frame check error, 1500

from trumpet winsock. Changing mtu and compression settings doesn't
have any influence on this behaviour. I even get this at 9600 baud so
it's not a problem with lost interrupts. I suppose, the problem is
trumpets handling of fragmented ip packets.

has anybody experienced similar problems or has a clue how to solve
the problem?

Thorsten
--
          Thorsten Laux, Schuhmacherstr. 27/29, 24103 Kiel, FRG,

2. Segmentation fault Mandrake 7.1

3. PPP on Solaris 2.4 for Sparc, Matrox PCI Millenium Card under Solaris 2.5 x86

4. Boot/Root floppy disks set with TCP/IP services

5. Solaris PPP/Slip for Solaris 2.4 for the x86

6. Help with HP UVGA and X

7. How to use crash dumps on Solaris 2.4 x86?

8. Need "named" DNS daemon

9. Solaris 2.4 x86 crashes

10. 2.4 kernel 2.4 ppp cannot connect

11. Help: Connecting Solaris 2.4 and NT Workstation with PPP

12. PPP and DHCP under Solaris 2.4 X86

13. Solaris 2.4 x86 hangs in PPP