Solaris sun server keeps losing network connection

Solaris sun server keeps losing network connection

Post by william tevi » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

hello

i have a sun server running solaris 2.5.1 with latest patches
sendmail 8.8.8
bind 8.1
qpopper 2.2

i have noticed that  periodically it loses tcp connection to the
whole network. its connected to a cisco catalyst 1900 but
some of the symptoms are that when you do a telnet to the server
it loses connection.

regards

william

1. Sun loses network connection

I have a  Sun Ultra 60 that frequently loses its network connection for no
apparent reason and after some time connection comes back up again  I
can't find any error messages in the usual places.
I've tried to diagnose the problem, set NIC to full-duplex, no
negotiation, checked DNS, hostname netmasks settings, but it didn't help.
How else can I diagnose the problem?

Thanks, any suggestions are appreciated.

Eugene.

2. Solaris 2.5.1 and C2/Hiding NIS enc. pwds

3. Solaris 2.3, OpenWin 3.3 "connection to X server lost" - WHY?

4. andrew morton's mix

5. t_snd keeps going when connection lost

6. Changing Mac Adres

7. Firewall question... keep losing connection

8. Setting the Keyboard Type

9. Keep losing connection

10. Netscape Collabra keeps losing my news server.

11. Connection lost randomly under RedHat 6.0 on a sun Sparc

12. Users Lost Connection from Sun Box

13. help! keep dropping network connection