DLPI on solaris 2.5.1

Post by yuval dvi » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi all !

I am creating a module that is pushed above "le" which is the standard
ethernet driver in Sun machines. The man page states that this device
works only in connection-less mode. An info-request to the driver
gives the same information. Nevertheless, when I place my module between
le and the ip streams module, I see messages that are M_DATA alone, with
no M_PROTO to begin with. This does not fit the DLPI specs, which allow
this only for DL_DATA_REQ/DL_DATA_IND  messages,
which strictrly belong to the connection mode.

Does anyone have any explanation to this contradiction ?

        yuval.