MAI PT-4224 printer on Solaris 8

Post by rbadi.. » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 07:54:53

Hi all:
Recently I was choosen to conect via serial port a PT-4224 printer (From MAI
systems) to Sun Ultra 150 running Solaris 8.
I must recognize, all my test and try and error are falling. I just want to
know If somebody have made this connection or have
hardware details of the printer. For example the printer uses a RS-232
interfase? It looks like one
but it is?
Changing the host interfase setting  from RS-232 to Dataproduct I was able to
print some garbage chars.
But on RS-232 interfase no printout nothing happens.
To resume can anybody tell me if this connection is possible (from the
hardware point of view) or have hardware details to help me?
Thanks a lot in advance.!

Bye.
PD:To whom interested to help me, can write directly to my email address

1. Creative 4224 Burner

I have installed Redhat 6.1 and have got everything working on it except for
my CD burner.

1.    Is the Creative 4224 IDE supported by linux?  I have have it slaved on
the second IDE channel behind a harddrive.

2.    After reading the howto's I have come to the conclusion that I have to
enable scsi emulation on my burner.  I've read that you can use LILO to set
the option hdd=ide-scsi to overide the default ATAPI support, but whenever I
do this linux doesn't switch over to scsi emulation.  Am I doing this right?

Is there any way of getting it to work, without recompiling the kernel?

Thanks for the help.

-Ryan Phillips

2. How to See Hidden Processes: Cron

3. Memorex CDRW-4224

4. Postscript support w/o a postscript printer?

5. Memorex CD-RW 4224 with Linux, will it work..?

6. xsh or xshell anyone?

7. Creative 4224 CD-RW

8. How to write in a file at specific locations

9. 7270 MAI Basic 4 terminal

10. Redhat-6.2+sendmai-8.101.1+mailhub?

11. Seeking TERMINFO/TERMCAP for a MAI Basic terminal

12. Sound Woes --- AC97 chip on MAI motherboard

13. mai, 2 users and dsl