netrx x1 config card not found.

Post by coffee bean » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:57:14

I am trying to setup a sun netra x-1 and there is a sys config card in
it
but when I console in, it says it can't find it.

whats wrong here. how can I troubleshoot LOMLITE? are there any
commands?

THX

netrx x1 config card not found.

Post by Nat Carlin » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:53:31

sun does warn you that the card can get unseated in shipment... I know this
is kind of silly, and it's probably not it, but have you tried pushing on
the card itself (sticking out of the back of the netra) to make sure it's
properly seated?

Quote:> I am trying to setup a sun netra x-1 and there is a sys config card in

Post by Aleksandar Milivojevi » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 06:11:48

> I am trying to setup a sun netra x-1 and there is a sys config card
> in it but when I console in, it says it can't find it.

> whats wrong here. how can I troubleshoot LOMLITE? are there any
> commands?

The contacts on card reader are far away from perfect.  Try to move a
card a little bit in-out and see if it helps.  It helped with one of
my Netras...

--

Opinions expressed herein are my own.
Statements included here may be fiction rather than truth.

1. Newbie Q -- CD-ROM not found after installing new video card... it is found under windows.

Hello

    I installed a Rage Fury 128. Upon the first bot into linux It asked to
uninstall the old video drivers -- went fine.
Then it asked to install the drivers for the card, which it detected and
identified perfectly.  It asked for the location of the source files and
gave the options of CD or Filesystem. I don't know where they would be
located on the filesystem, so I said CD. It returned with "Unable to mount
CD-ROM". I hit cancel and got shot back to the initial File location list
with CD, Filesystem, and Cancel. after several tries, it was obvious that
jiggling the wires wouldn't fix this and now Linux is unusable because when
the GUI would normally come up I now have a blank screen with occasional
hard-drive activity. I put the old card back in, identification and
configuration was perfect, (it didn't ask for the CD), but now my CD-ROM is
still not being mounted. The BIOS and Win2K are both finding the CD without
a problem. In Win2K the CD is fine with no difficulties at all. Any
suggestions?

    In a separate, unrelated issue, Linux will not find my Soundcard. I have
a classic Soundblaster 16 ISA card for universal compatibility, but it
doesn't recognize it all. I assume this is because it is an ISA card and I
need to configure it manually. Unfortunately I am *very* new to Linux and do
not know how to do this. (Yes I've ordered "Running Linux, 2nd Ed.", but it
will not be here for a few days.)

    I would greatly appreciate any advice that could be offered. I still
have the old video card if it will be required.

Thank you,
Jesse

2. Toray Phasewriter support?

3. help: not detecting network card, can't find 3c509b at boot time (not P&P )

4. Help! Cannot find a free VT

5. PCI Ethernet card not found (card from MAGITRONIC I-E32-COMBOPNP)

6. Comments on BRU's CRU (Crash Recover Utility)?

7. D-Link DE500 VL Bus Ethernet card - kernel does not find card

8. New Software!

9. netra x1 wont find added harddrive

10. Netra X1 and Jumpstart - where to find *.zip?

11. gnome-config: command not found...

12. can't compile gnome - "'gtk-config' script not found"

13. kppp config file not found